• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Install Tips

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Have you guys been bleeding your coolant system? I topped mine off, but haven't pulled the screw on top of the thermostat. Just wanted to see what you guys were doing. And is that the only way to bleed it is loosen or remove the bleed screw, open and let it run?

Thanks

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Good to know. I didn't see anywhere that it said to plug it in, but it made sense. Guess I'll unlpug it :)

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Got the sled running, what a clean kit. Everything fit in so nice. Good idle, good af numbers, I got one last question for you guys.

Did any of you guys overfill your oil to the turbo and end up spitting black oil out of the muffler? I talked to Justin he said it push past the turbo being too full. But I also had a little issue when messing with the push rod on the throttle bodies. The spring had come loose and got it reattached but think I open and closed it quite a bit in process, was wondering if it would dump some oil in when doing it? Seems to be getting better just think i need to get some real time on it to burn it out, what do you guys think?

Af is like 13.9-14.5af

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
When i spoke to Justin it will give the option for o2 correction from the wideband. But takes different mapping and he hadn't had enough testing to utilize it, but kept the option available for down the road

Gracefull

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
" 2. Install the new helix using the 44/48 ramp."

How do i know which ramp on the secondary to use when installing it?
there are stamps for the angles at 90 deg from each other, but how do you line them up. stamp angle lined up with the 'X' , or rollers? :confused:

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Got the sled running, what a clean kit. Everything fit in so nice. Good idle, good af numbers, I got one last question for you guys.

Did any of you guys overfill your oil to the turbo and end up spitting black oil out of the muffler? I talked to Justin he said it push past the turbo being too full. But I also had a little issue when messing with the push rod on the throttle bodies. The spring had come loose and got it reattached but think I open and closed it quite a bit in process, was wondering if it would dump some oil in when doing it? Seems to be getting better just think i need to get some real time on it to burn it out, what do you guys think?

Af is like 13.9-14.5af

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Messing with the lever won't pump any extra oil. The motor running is what turns the pump, the rod only controls how much.

Premium Features