• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SILBER PRO KITS

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Help me out, does this new box connects to the old box or does it replace it?

And when you get this mounted, does this mean no more tuning? Just plug and play and the box will tune itself to the 02 numbers? Or is it more complicated than that?

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
Seriously guys, just CALL Justin! He will give you all the information you need. I talked to him briefly last week and there will be an auto tune function of some kind. I didn't have time to get into all the details with him, but he was more than willing to divulge information to any question I asked.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
What turbo is it going to be? Is the turbo what was the "big secret" or is it the auto tune? Will the auto tune be used for the initial setup or all the time?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Haven't called him because I felt like I would be wasting his time. I'm just curious, prolly have 20 questions I would ask. I have enough info to know that I will be happy when my kit gets here. It just seems like posting the answers to the questions here would be a much more efficient way of getting the info out then all of us calling and getting the answers one by one.

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
I agree if he reads these he will know what we want to hear. And give us the answer. I cannot imagine he want 50 of us to call and ask the same questions over and over. I also believe there a peeps waiting to bounce and bash. I think if we get some good questions out here we will get some answers shortly. Or I think we will start calling and that IMO will be a waste of his time.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Since Silber Turbos does a large portion of marketing on these forums... and stays abreast of thread activity....

I think it is reasonable to expect accurate, updated information for our readers in this thread to see whats happening and give good feedback to people considering Silber kits.

This looks like a stellar kit with lots of new technology... at a great price.

Keep on Truckkin!!

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Gen 4 boxes

Does the gen 4 box even have a Boost input available?
=============================================================

Justin (specifically)
1) What kind of a default setting arrangement do you have on your closed loop DP 3.5 contoller if the lambda sensor becomes fouled or damaged... is there some kind of richer protective mode if this happens?

2) Does the closed-loop-assist actually refine the map "on the fly" ?

3) Will the system run ok if the user wants to remove the Lambda sensor?/

Last edited:

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
There is a failsafe type mode that it will go into if something goes wrong, i got that information from Justin on the phone.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
That was one of my questions too. Closed loop scares the chit out of me the way it is normally run. On the Porsche engines we used in endurance racing they wouldn't use closed loop programming even with high end Motec engine management. If the sensor takes a dump you could burn down a $65,000 race engine. The way these Dobeck boxes work, if I understand it, is that they run a fat map(rich) as default and trim back the fueling based on feedback from the O2 sensor. THAT IS A REALLY SMART WAY TO DO IT! If the sensor craps out you default to a very safe level of fueling and the engine can't burn itself down from a lean condition. Very cool.

2dabar

Nov 26, 2007
Klamath Falls, OR
I hope that Justin can take the time to fill in the readers here.

Well MH if you where 1 of the 36 that snowchecked a kit on here, if you call Silber he will answer any ? about the kit you bought. Even if you don't leave a message he will call you back. Which is more then I can say for most vendors on here. Out of the handfull I've delt with over the years Silber, FTXMOTORSPORTS, and KMOD are the only ones that appear to care about the average Joe and retearn calls. I'm not calling to B.S. with them I'm calling to buy a product. So if you don't call the vendor direct I'm going with you are just keyboard shopping and probly don't have the money to buy anyway.

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
Here we go again! It never fails on here, jabs being thrown, and all that really needs to be done is to dial 10 digits on a phone. Then, if you want you can post up the info you get from Justin on here for the rest to see. Quit hiding behind your keyboards, the telephone/cell phones are also great sources of information!

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Lets keep the pissing for the bathroom..and info in the thread.
Some guys dont wanna spend the couple dollars to dial long distance, well a turbo aint for you then.

Spoke to Justin a few days ago, said he has the 12 kits running in the fields, and all seems well with them (in the fields) he is waiting for snow to get up to elevation and test them in the environment they will be used.

Further to my post above about the guys with 11's ordering 12's and vise versa, i asked Justin if there would be a mapping issue due to the 11 and 12 modles having a different base map. Justin said that the plan is to have the 11 sleds run at "4.0" on the box and the 12 run at "4.5" <-- thats just an example not actual numbers, So everyone will be recieving the same dobeck 3.0 box with the same map in it.

Like i said there runninn good in the fields just needs to test in the alpine before they arrive at our door.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Well MH if you where 1 of the 36 that snowchecked a kit on here, if you call Silber he will answer any ? about the kit you bought. Even if you don't leave a message he will call you back. Which is more then I can say for most vendors on here. Out of the handfull I've delt with over the years Silber, FTXMOTORSPORTS, and KMOD are the only ones that appear to care about the average Joe and retearn calls. I'm not calling to B.S. with them I'm calling to buy a product. So if you don't call the vendor direct I'm going with you are just keyboard shopping and probly don't have the money to buy anyway.

I for one feel MH has been EXTREMELY helpful in his posts. It would also seem much more beneficial for Justin to answer questions on one particular thread than to have to answer the same question time after time on the phone. Sure it is great to talk one on one, but think about it, every time he is talking on the phone he is being taken away from building\putting kits together. And if you think every call that Justin gets is for purchase only, well I am sure you you already know that answer.

As for the customers that snowchecked his turbo kits. You sound as though they should have some exclusivity. Sure they helped Justin "forecast" his potential sales. But does it mean they should be privy to information regarding His kits?? I believe it to be in Justins best interest to offer the same service and information He has in the past, which if you look historically on these forums has been a plethora of information.

And the keyboard shopping comment. I am sure there were quite a few of His turbo kits purchased because of keyboard shopping. I'm sure Justin appreciated all the positive feedback, which greatly enhanced his reputation, which was brought to all of us through the keyboard.

I am not bashing anything you posted, just a little curious as to your "tone" regarding MH post.:face-icon-small-win

Sam

T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
guilty..

im guilty of key board shopping, buttt ,,,, the only reason i ordered a kit from silber this year (payed in full already) is cause of all the great info on snowest. it's not that im too cheap to call justin long distance,, it's that im a turbo rookie and i don't know the right questions to ask him. i am learing a tone just by reading these threads. i'd feel pretty stupid calling and saying,,so,,,,, can you tell me absoultly everything about this kit and how its different than the other kits. not saying that he wouldn't do it, but sometimes it's just easyer to kill some time at work and read all these blogs. imo
ps, not trying to start a pissing match..:hug::typing:

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
hey guys I can vouch for Justin just hang tight......he is BURRIED WITH work right now and that is a good thing. Hes busy cuz everyone knows he makes good turbo kits.

Premium Features