• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much vaccuum?

Aug 15, 2008
Hey everybody,

I've got a 2008 Apex with an MCXpress 290 kit installed running 17lbs. I'm just curious how much vac the throttle body lines should be producing. I got a new Turbosmart Veeport blow off valve to replace the one included in my MCXpress kit. When I had everything hooked up, I was just curious to see how much vac the sled would pull, so I started the sled up with my finger over the line, and when i pulled it off there isn't really that much vacuum at all. I'm wondering if this is why I was getting some turbo flutter and the old blowoff might not have been lifting at all.

The sled didn't even change in RPM when I would take my finger off of the hose and put it back on. There is a slight vac, but not much. However, the apex runs like a freakin dream and I have no issues other than just that question... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
the sled should chugggg and almost die if you pull a vaccum hose open. It should throw a code 14 too. At least the three I work on have some vaccum. mine has a shim and it idles at 12-14 inches of vaccum and when you chop the throttle on it you can see 20 plus inches.

Aug 15, 2008
thanks for the replies. I am going to get a vac gauge, and next year just before I take it out I will measure what it makes at idle. There is some vac there, I just want to make sure that my BOV opens when I let off the throttle.

Premium Features