• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro-RMK or Pro- RMK Assault?

Klutch

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Which one would you buy. I dont like the track on the assault. I have a 2010 Asault and ditched the track for a camo extreme and it rocks. I love the lenght of my current sled but I could put up with a 155. Whats different between the 2 other than shocks? What makes the assault 15lbs heavier? I know the track is heavier, but not all 15lbs. Are the rails beefier? A-arms? Any input is appreciated.:face-icon-small-coo

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Track, shocks, and a-arms (slightly). Doesn't sound like 15lbs to me, but I think that track is hiding more weight than it looks like it should. I checked the 163" Turbo Silver today! Now I'm really excited for next season. Anyone looking for an '08 D8 163" or an '08 600RR??:D: Shameless plug, I know.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
i don't know what is different about the a-arms, my 09 assault a-arms look the same as the rmks. i know the rails have braces on them and the track is different i'm not sure where the weight comes from. i ordered a pro 800 155. i ordered silver but if i can get black sides and hood the silver will go. i know a lot of people put the assault shocks on and the rail stiffners on the rmks and they have what they want and don't add much weight, i intend on buying a timbersled rear suspension as well as their front suspension.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
15 lbs does not seem out of line to me.

The track is heavy... probably 11-12 lbs more.

the A Arms are longer (more steel)... The Shocks have reservoirs (more oil and metal)... the shocks are longer and have bigger springs.... (this is at least 3 -5 lbs)

No rail stiffeners on the RMK Assaults (155's). The rails are not cut out on these at the rear rubber snubber-bumpers as there is no need for torsion coil spring clearance.

Last edited:

Klutch

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
No rail stiffeners on the RMK Assaults (155's). The rails are not cut out on these at the rear rubber snubber-bumpers as there is no need for torsion coil spring clearance.[/QUOTE said:
Do you think this is the reason for no stiffeners?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Does the Assault get the light wt brake parts and jack-shaft?

Yep.

I think Polaris made the Assault a little more hillclimb worthy. The last version had a short track in comparison to the 155". The HCR is 153" and the Freeride is 16"X154".

It will be a "huck" monster, but I often think that only 10% of all riders have the ability and balls to push it to the limits (aka Sherman).

S
Oct 26, 2009
i was thinking about getting a 163 pro rmk with a turbo, how much speed would a stock pro rmk 163 lose over a 800 rush pro r?

I want to get the 163 because i go in a lot of powder and i want the longer track so i dont get stuck. I dont climb many hills do you think the 163 with a turbo would be good for powder/ backcountry riding and not hill climbing?(i may go hill climbing 3 times in a year.)

If you dont think this 163 is good what would you reccomend.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
155" here. I hill climb and track the powder just fine with this. The 155" is a little more friendly in the trees. If you don't hill climb, I can't imagine why you would want a 163.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
155" here. I hill climb and track the powder just fine with this. The 155" is a little more friendly in the trees. If you don't hill climb, I can't imagine why you would want a 163.

Easy. Powder several feet deep in tight trees and very technical riding,carrying speed in not an option, wieght 240lbs naked The 163 shines. Let the 155's try to come play with me.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Easy. wieght 240lbs naked . .

eww..that is not a good mental picture...
but yeah what tim said..163 allows you to slow down and still go better then a 155..i am a small guy and would enjoy a 155 much more of the time..but I pull loaded sleds into my cabin 50 miles from the road..and breaking trail with a 155 while hooked to a sled equals alot of stickage...

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
No way, you sound way too tough.

LOL, Nah, just the way we like to play. All sleds have their place. We plulled a d8rgt out with a stock turbo bearcat this year. That thing may be a tank, but it sure made a great tractor to get the dead dragon out form several mtns ridges back in out to the truck. What a site too. Waterskipping an open river with a dead dragon turned backward strapped on the back of a bearcat! The dragon owner hasn't heard the end of that one since there were alot of cameras there that day!

Premium Features