• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled dies when I let off the throttle under boost, BD M1000 Race Gas

10000ft

Dec 27, 2007
I wondered if anyone has ever had this issue. When I let off the throttle under full boost (10-11 psi) and then get back on it my sled dies (like it’s flooded). About the time I come to a stop the sled takes off again. I have a blow off valve and it seems to be working. Not sure why an EFI sled would do this.

We use to have this issue with turbo Yamaha’s and had to tie the blow off valve lines to the fuel regulator boost lines.

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks

TSE….

E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
I had the same problem.....be careful on a vertical pull.....my sled was a write off.Now my kit is a Twisted Turbo and no shut down issues.That shut down thing is very dangerous at the most inopertune times.I only killed the sled,not myself.I know of three other BD kits that did this also,they were on 07 M1000 w/08 BD kits.We all changed things up now!!!!

C

cpatts2000

Jan 22, 2008
Winthrop,WA
^^^^^ exactly the same thing but mine is an 08, I tried to figure it out last year, never could, now I have a twisted, has not happened once. It cost me a lot of money last year.

10000ft

Dec 27, 2007
Thanks for the info, all I ride is vertical; today I could not climb anything in fear of rolling the sled down the hill. Better be a fix for this, I’ve only had the kit on the sled for four days.

E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
They are now where the oil lines where on the reed boots,the injection has been deleted and there are two injectors side by each in the throttle bodies,much tighter system.

E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
I'm not sure what the cut out problem really is/was with the BD box etc, but since I've changed to the PL &/or the Attitude box,it has never done it in a1000 miles.Mind you they have made ADA changes etc,but never the less, my confidence in the BD system got me once,but will not get me again.Just like there latest boost controller deal,they don't seem to R&D there stuff,sorry just my opinion.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
The shut down issue is due to no fuel on decelaration ( you are to lean on the bottom end) the 1000 needs to run a little sloppy on the bottom to not shut down when hot comming off high boost, I dont know if the bd box will fix this as I scraped it when I had that problem and could not get it to go away for a full ride I could get it to stop for a minute then it would come back.

10000ft

Dec 27, 2007
Thanks for the help, the lean condition may be the issue, after the sled cuts out, it comes right back to full power. It’s usually too late and I dig a big trench. If I was climbing our normal climbs the sled would rolling down the Mtn.

I will be talking with BD Monday; I’m a very analytical person and would like to understand how the low & hi psi work, together, separate, overlap, etc. I need more data and understanding.

TSE……

D

dubbs

Dec 8, 2007
Calgary ab
Hey,

I am having (hopefully not anymore) the same exact problem...
Check out this post
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189275
There might be a few things in there that haven't been mentioned...

I found a hole in the bottom of my Y pipe where one of the tabs for the springs is that I think was opening up pretty big under boost... The exhaust burned through the Y ed vaccuum/ boost line that comes off the throttle boddies and goes to fp reg, BOV, Boost gauge, and maybe map sensor?

I fixed it all up just haven't had a chance to see if this was the problem... Fingers crossed!!!

I'll let ya know, and for sure watch this thread!! My sled did the EXACT same thing yours is doing... Good luck.

V

vigorcs90

Dec 2, 2007
Does not sound like its lean to me. I would look at the pop off valve. When you back off under boost you should hear the woosh of the boost excaping from system. If you don't the boondockers box is still adding fuel with the throttle closed. Lower the spring pressure in the popoff.

E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
Just an up date,we rode revy last week in unbelievable conditions,and the olny beef was with the fat bottom end.There was never any off boost shut downs of any kind,and I will admit,this sled has never been ran that hard for that long and checked things over and everything is A-OK.It takes a bit of time on the sled to reinstate your confidence after writing it off,the last few rides have finally done that for me.

Rogie1220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, Sask.
This situation is caused by two problems....one is the blow off valve is too small. The fix for now is to cut the blow off spring so that it doesn't close as quick. May be able to use a larger blow off valve but this will create more lag. Second issue is there is a setting in the BD box that needs to change from 20 to 12 and the problem is solved. Can't remember the exact name for the setting....it is in the "advanced" section of the box. My TM1000 had all these same symptoms but now runs like a champ with no throttle chop. Call Brent Linderman....he's seen just about every situation with the TM1000's.

10000ft

Dec 27, 2007
The problem with my sled drying was due to boost reference lines being hooked up incorrectly. BD had me hook up all boost reference lines from the intercooler (EBC controller, EBC solenoid, and fuel pump).

I struggled with this for three weeks, BD finally send me charge tube with a boost reference point. I separated the lines and hook the charge tube boost reference line to the EBC solenoid then to waste gate actuator. The boost reference line runs from the intercooler up to the EBC controller and fuel pump.

This seemed to eliminate the problem, it frustrating since I had no instructions and BD tech support told me to install it this way.

Premium Features