• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Two dead in Cache County avalanche

A

arctic matt

Nov 29, 2007
Cache Valley Ut.
My friends were just on their way to go sledding up Providence canyon today, but I had to be here at work. They got turned around at the bottom of the canyon by the Sherriff.

Print
Email

Policy >> Comment Board

Comments

Video embed:

Related Links- Utah Avalanche Center Web site

" BREAKING NEWS: 2 dead after avalanche in Cache County
December 24th, 2008 @ 12:00pm
LOGAN, Utah (AP) -- Authorities say two people are dead following an avalanche in Cache County.

Sheriff's Lt. Matt Bilodeau says the slide happened at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday on the backside of Logan Peak.

Bilodeau says the two were snowmobiling. He has no information on their identities.

Bilodeau says search teams do not believe anyone else was caught in the avalanche.

Avalanche danger across northern Utah has been high this week as new snowfall has made the snowpack increasingly fragile. The Utah Avalanche Center has cautioned people not to venture into the backcountry.

Logan is about 85 miles north of Salt Lake City.

Stay tuned to KSL.com, KSL Newsradio 102.7FM/1160AM and KSL TV for the latest updates.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.) "

That was the article that I found on KSL. Be carefull if your going up this week. My sincere condolenses go out to those freinds families of those involved.

Highpockets

Premium Member
Aug 1, 2001
pleasant grove,utah
Please be careful ! Avy danger is extreme,more snow coming,its SOOO tempting but too dangerous and just not worth it. Give it a couple days,the snow isnt going anywhere.Prayers to the families involved,their xmas will be forever changed !:brokenheart:

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Not good to hear , hope its not anyone I know, I used to frame with some guys that ride that area alot. Prayers to the fams. Everthing in UT is pointing to bad avys this year,

Premium Features