• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gauge and tail light not working on 2012

T
Feb 1, 2010
Entiat, WA
A couple rides ago, everything was working fine on my sled. Then, I got hung up on a cutbank and rolled my sled over (just one full rotation, slowly, ops normal) back down onto the road to get unstuck. When I fired the sled back up, no gauge. I just figured I'd jostled the connection loose. Since snow conditions were good, I didn't really worry about not seeing my temp, and just went on with my day. After that ride, I preemptively put in a fix kit, and when I fired up the sled in the driveway, the gauge and taillight were working again, seemingly confirming a loose connection. I put away tools while it warmed up, and when I came back, the gauge and taillight were out again. Jostled, hooked/unhooked all the connections, and never got the gauge and taillight to work again. Gone for a couple rides in good snow since, and no joy then either. All other electric components work as they should.

As soon as it happened, I thought of a post Mountainhorse made years ago about the throttle block twisting, ripping loose the hand warmer wires and messing up the electrical, but the throttle block hadn't twisted on this rollover, and the warmers still work.

Anyway, what should I be looking for? Is it just a VR issue? What's the best way to check the VR? I don't have another Pro handy to steal parts off of, but could probably find somebody willing. Are there ohm readings I can check? What leads would I want to check voltage on? What else might it be?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Check grounds on your front bumper?

Premium Features