• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gremlins. Tps, egt, WTF

M
Apr 10, 2013
Illinois
Ok. I have a 2011 Polaris 800 with pc5, auto tune, par 11.5 head slp pipe, can, v force reeds and adjustable heal clicker clutch weights. I have been chasing one of those gremlins for some time now. While running sled between idle and 7000 rpm all is well, try to run past 7200 rpm sled falls on its face and seems to miss. After reading several posts I checked valves tps and just about everything suggested and came up with same thing. On a whim I removed some weight from clutch and seems to have killed the gremlin ??. Does this ,
Make any sense to anyone..

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Its possible. How much weights is "some"? If you were 4-6g too heavy on the weights its possible that was the only problem. Does the sled run good all the way to 8200 now? Eric

M
Apr 10, 2013
Illinois
after I took out 6 grams it pulls to 8300. Nine of this makes any sense because it felt more like a miss. If weight was too heavy wouldn't it top out and just hold that rpm not "miss" or fall on its face?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
If your over loading the engine that much it can make it miss. Think of it this way.... Your driving a manual 5 speed car/truck and you shift from 1st to 2nd to 5th. It over loads the engine, falls on its face and might even buck or jerk on you. I havent ran heel clickers in a good 15 years but that would load the motor hard, if your too heavy by 6g it very well could do what your describing. Eric

Premium Features