• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M1000 Turbo Problems

09snopro

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2008
Shelley, ID
K here is my problem as best described. I have a 09 M1000 pump gas turbo some OVS and some Boondocker parts. I am running the Boondocker 3D box now. If I pull the throttle 3/4 it runs out about 7500-7600 rpms and doesn't miss a beat if I pin it full throttle it will then fall down to 6600 rpm and feel like it is loading up. Air/Fuel is close to 12-12.4 when I am pulling a hill. I am running iridium plugs and did change them with no luck also running 40% 111 octane and 60% 91 octane at 7 lbs of boost. Watch the videos and hopefully we can get this diagnosed. Thanks

http://youtu.be/xNuZLXT13xw

http://youtu.be/dQy6mxQp9L4

http://youtu.be/RhFRaNNp4b8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Sounds too rich and "cold" like, like there's too much Octane for what you need and the extra splash of fuel has that rich effect. The A/F ratio may be okay but the EGT's are diving when you splash the cylinders with that extra fuel and cooling the pipe down as well.

Does it seem like the sled doesn't have the symptoms as much when it's super hot? It might be helping with that effect as a result. The hotter the motor and exhaust the easier it is to burn off the extra fuel. Super rich conditions can also cause high EGT / A/F ratio numbers. Alot of it is in the "feel" of tuning more than numbers. You can tell when a sled runs clean so make some small changes slowly working up from your area that is running good. I would pull 5 pts off the mid and top from the settings 7500rpm and above, maybe a bit on the below setting like 7200rpm. If it helps but not quite there, try pulling an extra 2 pts off the mid and top more at the 7500rpm.

So many people mix their ratios too much nowadays and should stick to a certain "known' mixture. Mixing premium from one brand station to the next with your Race gas can cause runability issues. If your pushing the boundaries of your fuel try something known and constant like AV gas. There's very little if any variance in this fuel from one Airport to another. It can be trusted and you can get more consistency from your tuning this way.
I have never liked mixing race with premium for this main reason. At least if you are going to go this route do a full barrel at a time, then pump from the barrel to jerry cans...

M1000's are super picky on pipe temps, even more so turbo'd. Let them warm up good, and keep the pipe hot and you will see some better performance results. This can be helped with coated pipes or exhaust wrapped pipes as well, especially when your running a mesh hood like you are. I found that made a big difference to my sleds running the mesh hoods. I love them, but they cool the pipes down super fast as a result and can affect how clean the sled responds to throttle changes....

Premium Features