• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Nytro MPI Supercharged... And EVERYTHING else... Whats it worth?

06IQRMK

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
Got a buddy of mine who built supercharged nytro. He went all out on it and now has a kid on the way and is looking for something he doesnt have to dedicate so much time to. Since we dont live in the mountains its hard to justify having such a high dollar sled that only gets ridden once or twice a year. He's advertised it and having some problems getting it sold. Any input would be appreciated. What is it worth? Anyone have a clue. I know he says he has close to 30k in it, and it is done right. He sent this list of whats done to it... look it over and let me know what you think and if theres a better place to advertise than the boosted forum on here? I know he's not looking to get anywhere near that out of it but where should he start?
Thanks guys!!!

2008 Nytro MTX with 1100 total miles, 200 total after complete rebuild from Hurricane Performance. Had Dave at Hurricane Performance build the motor to handle the horsepower of the MPI Stage III blower (25lbs boost, and 400+HP). Right now has the MPI Stage 1 blower in it right now. Hurricane worked over the motor to the tune of about 5k putting pistons, rods, head studs, shim kit, head and block machined. Rest of the sled has been totally worked over also:
MPI Supercharger 14+lbs of boost
CR Racing Tunnel, extra u Cooler through tunnel
Timbersled rear skid 163" with 10" custom billet rear wheels
Timbersled bark buster front suspension with fox float evo's all the way around
Pro Logger Gauges
MPI fuel system upgrade with injectors and lift pump
Custom front bumper
Mountain Mod seat
Gen II simmons 10" ski's
163 Powderclaw track

P1170129[1].jpg

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
SAD... Thats a really nice sled with huge cash into it.. In the current world its going to bring between 11k-13k... Sucks, but its just what the market is right now. If hes in a need/want to sell situation Id bet this is pretty close. Where is it located?

06IQRMK

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
Sled is located in North Central Iowa. He was actually recently talking worst case scenario... about trading straight up for a pro climb 1100t or a Pro Assault. He's holding out for hopefully selling for cash. He origionally listed it for 16K.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Sadly alot of people are anti super chargers so it makes it tougher to sell. Its a nice looking sled. If it were mine id probably have it 14-16 especially with the motor work. Why trade it for a lesser sled (cat) when its not going to help with any money.

06IQRMK

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
Yeah, its not necessarily the dollars he was worried about, he wants to get out of a boosted modded sled because we ride in different places every year and he spends the first day every time tweaking it and setting it up to ride while everyone else is out riding. Ultimately just wants a stock sled with a setup clutching sheet to follow and pull the rope and go. I think he'd trade straight up for one of those sleds, but who knows...

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
I am sure he is not really interested in dumping more money in but... From what i Hear and read would adding the boost-it fueling system not elimanate the need to tune it so much?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Here is a simple cheap solution.
He is only running the MPI stage one compressor.

Why not just change out the pulleys, drop the compression down to around 10lbs, and then just NOT worry about anything.

Put some good high octane fuel in it and be done with it.
Shouldn't require ANY tuning/fiddling with it for altitude.

Superchargers shouldn't be an issue with low boost.

S

sheetwright

Mar 17, 2009
Plainfield Il.
I have almost the same setup from dave on an 0811am that runs pump 92 octane and meth injection at 14lbs for the trail. Your bud is in the same predicament as me. Im thinking of an ac with a hijacker kit, but would rather ride my 30k+ just cause you never get what you put in...

06IQRMK

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
Sled

Yeah, I gave him you guys suggestions... Apparently he was just so frustrated after only putting 200 miles on it last year he is set on jumping ship. He's dropped his price all the way down to 11000.00 because he wants it sold ASAP. Hell of a deal for someone, but i hate to see all that money go up in smoke. I think if he was a little more patient and took the time setting it up to a reliable runner he would have a ton of fun on it. He's not very conservative when it comes to these things. It doesnt help that he sets up the sled back here in iowa with best guesses... and has to adjust everytime we get to where were riding. The rest of the group is running stock sleds with pipes/cans at the most. So he is always wrenching while everyone else is riding. Thanks for your input guys! If you know anyone in the market for a high dollar four stroke let me know!

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Yeah, I gave him you guys suggestions... Apparently he was just so frustrated after only putting 200 miles on it last year he is set on jumping ship. He's dropped his price all the way down to 11000.00 because he wants it sold ASAP. Hell of a deal for someone, but i hate to see all that money go up in smoke. I think if he was a little more patient and took the time setting it up to a reliable runner he would have a ton of fun on it. He's not very conservative when it comes to these things. It doesnt help that he sets up the sled back here in iowa with best guesses... and has to adjust everytime we get to where were riding. The rest of the group is running stock sleds with pipes/cans at the most. So he is always wrenching while everyone else is riding. Thanks for your input guys! If you know anyone in the market for a high dollar four stroke let me know!

tell him to call neil at boost it,with neil fuel system he will love the sled again & not give away such a nice sled.it is absolutely the easiest fuel system to work with & takes only a few minutes to set up when you get to a new area.iam guessing he has the gems box on it now & they are just a pain in the a$$ to tune, with same as the pure logic.the super for some reason seem to be more temperamental than the turbo when it comes to elevation & temp change.
http://boost-it.ca/contact-us/

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
tell him to call neil at boost it,with neil fuel system he will love the sled again & not give away such a nice sled.it is absolutely the easiest fuel system to work with & takes only a few minutes to set up when you get to a new area.iam guessing he has the gems box on it now & they are just a pain in the a$$ to tune, with same as the pure logic.the super for some reason seem to be more temperamental than the turbo when it comes to elevation & temp change.
http://boost-it.ca/contact-us/

Agree with everything iamvector says here.

I sold my S/C Nytro last year for $12.5k...very similar to your buddies. Mine was stage II, but had almost the exact same parts list on the rest of the sled, plus a few more. It had almost $35k into it between the original builder and myself.

If he wants to keep it, have him get a hold of Neil...he wont regret it.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
You can trade it for a new stock sled, but in 3 years that Nytro will still fetch10-12, depending on the economy and market, and your new sled will be worth 6, maybe?

I would get the stand alone system. JMO....too much money to loose.

Premium Features