• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Should a guy wait for the snow show??

Aug 15, 2008
Hey guys,
I am looking to do an MCX kit on my brand new apex. Some of you probably have seen my previous posts. I am also going to do a tunnel. what I am wondering is if I should wait and go to the sled show in Edmonton to try and get some good deals. Do turbo kits ever go on sale? I am also gettin a whole crap load of new gear this year, so I'm gonna be speding some green. :D

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
I know the money is burning a hole in your pocket but you might as well. Wait. You could run into a heck of a deal. You could get a deal on an install or a tunnel that is screatched up or has a small dent somewhere that they can't sell as new, you never know.

I would wait. It's not far off.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Depends when you want to ride. I would personally get on it now. These items are almost never cash and carry. So figure a couple weeks to get your parts lined up and then another couple weeks to get the sled built properly. If you wait until the sled show then you would be lucky to have it ready by mid to end of Nov. We have built 7 or 8 turbo sleds and they are very time consuming.

J
Nov 27, 2007
Depends when you want to ride. I would personally get on it now. These items are almost never cash and carry. So figure a couple weeks to get your parts lined up and then another couple weeks to get the sled built properly. If you wait until the sled show then you would be lucky to have it ready by mid to end of Nov. We have built 7 or 8 turbo sleds and they are very time consuming.

agreed, unless you dont want to ride till jan. If there are no tunnels there you will probably be waiting more like a month for your tunnel. the turbo kit should be in stock but most likely not at the show. Then you are in line waiting for the install unless you are going to do it yourself. get the big parts on the way and get your smaller items at the show. just my 2 pennies

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
You might find a deal on the turbo but the tunnels are very popular so I dont imagine getting any kind of great deal on that.

Just buy Darrins and you will be way ahead on cost of build, and you will be ready to ride! Sell the stocker and get a pimped out apex at a fraction of the cost/time/headache.

GL

Premium Features