• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx Supercharger, whos got one?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Anybody with a Speedwerx supercharger on a Ascender? Looking for info on how its running and working.

Thanks

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
My shop has one running. It's a beast. Instant throttle response. Uses the stock intakes too which I like. I think it's about $7500 without install.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Don't have one myself but have rode my buddies. It rips. Instant power and spot on tuning. Raced my 17 sidekick and he pulled three lengths on me out of the hole even tho he is bigger and on a shorter tracked sled. From there we were pretty even. Definitely impressive but 7 grand is hard to swallow even as awesome as it is.

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I'd really like to put one on but dang it's expensive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They are hands down about the funniest sled I ever rode. Test rode the Polaris pro with the speedwerx boys before they brought it to market. My buddy bought one from Carl's cycle. Been around a couple cats that looked the same but never rode one. Incredible bottom end over a turbo. After that they are about the same. Turbo probably starts pulling on top but who cares. An alpha with a supercharger would be the bomb. Only problem is I paid 3150 for my silber 850. 7500 is a little hard to swallow. If it was 5000 it would be a no brainer.

F
Sep 28, 2017
We have one at our Shop to Demo and Sell off of in Fort Collins Colorado if you are interested in one. Sled has been pull and go since we bolted the kit on. I have put 8 different people on it and not one bog, hiccup or no start!! Sled is flat our impressive and people that have rode it will tell you the same.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Had one on a ‘16. Fun sled but it was extremely hard on belts and I didn’t have the pull and go luck others are claiming. For the price diff I would do a turbo.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Silber ascender turbo kit retail at $3295, hard to think spending more than double for the supercharger is money well spent for possibly alittle more low end. But Ive never riden one and supercharger sounds way cooler than turbo.

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Not a little better on bottom end, makes a stock ctec bottom end performance seem doggy. only 2 rides so far but it is a beast. I had a 15 with a boondocker and it went good but the turbo lag in the trees made me a worse rider, this supercharger is instant and I think will make me a better tree rider. uses lots of fuel though.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Have you had it out on a really deep day? We never had my buddy's out on a really deep day but I was thinking you wouldn't be able to pack enough gas. I always thought turbos weren't much different than stock because you didn't have to rail on them as hard to get the same thing done. Not so with the charger. How is the intake noise on the new kits? That was probably my only gripe. They are a little loud. He also broke a belt at 400 miles. I see they went with a bigger belt so they must have been breaking them too. Did you install it yourself?

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
A friend and I have had supers on new Alphas since mile one. They are a bit tougher on fuel to begin with, but once you realize you can ride them at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle in most situations, they aren't so bad. We run the Mtn Addiction 3.3 gallon gas cans on them and fuel hasn't been an issue. Running 91 non eth at 6500-9000 feet.

I've been running all kinds of different turbos for the last 10+ years... Apex on 21 lbs, Silber turbos on the Pro and the XM doo, Impulse turbo on the XM and the 850 doo, etc. I can honestly tell you that if this supercharger cost 10 grand it would be worth it over any turbo kit you can buy. And as far as the price goes, you do have to remember this thing is running a full snow/water/air intercooler (hottest I've seen the IAT is 50 degrees, that's ridiculous), full ceramic coated pipe and can, and the CORRECT clutching. There's some content there that other cheap turbo kits just don't have. They are fueled better than a stock sled. No hiccups, burbles, bogs, NOTHING. They will demolish a stock sled out of the hole and make any turbo look damn silly. Imagine riding a stock sled with 60 more hp AT EVERY RPM, not just the top end like a turbo. I would think a well tuned turbo running the same boost and having a fresh run (everything cooled down) would maybe get it on the top end at 9000 feet, but it would never catch up to the supercharger to find out.

Anyway, as you can see, I'm a happy camper. This is the most fun I've had on a sled in years. The Alpha is a home run and the super just makes it so good it's hard to describe. They are loud, I don't mind the charger whine at all so I think that has quieted down some from the pre ctec versions. But when my buddy crests a hill with the pipe pointed at ya it's painful. The exhaust note isn't bad when you are on it though. Long story short... money well spent in my book!

Premium Features