• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RKT 925 Durability

T

Turd Boy

Jan 26, 2010
Sask.
For anyone who cares, I have been running this 925 for 3 seasons on my 13 M800. I now have just over 4000 miles on this sled and it hasn't skipped a beat since I got it tuned correctly. It has been ridden at high alt. and low alt. I have been changing domes for different elevations, I have had to adjust the fuel for the different domes but not very much. This year I got lazy and just left the 14:1 domes in for low alt. and added 110 octane to the tank to make up for the compression, with this setup it really performed excellent at low alt. I really can't complain about this engine package at all, it has just been awesome. Thanks for reading TB

Cat man doo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Great to hear. I have a 13 800 with 1300 miles on it and am thinking of throwing this in this summer. Everything else is done. Already have full Jaws with PCV5 with timing and lots of other stuff. Do you have a pipe as well ? PCV or BD box ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

T

Turd Boy

Jan 26, 2010
Sask.
I run a BD box, I also have a jaws pipe sitting on the shelf but I just never thought I needed the extra power and I did hear of some complaints of fitment of the pipe and melting things.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I have a '13 with Kelseys 925 as well. Have probably just over 1000 miles on it and it's been flawless. Ran it the first winter with the stock pipe without an issue. Put the Jaws on this year and once I got the fueling down it's been way better. The Jaws pipe really wakes this BB up! I wouldn't run it without the pipe.

shaun897

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Minnesota
I am going to put the 925 in my 13 for next season from what you have had seen. would you run a BD box or a PC5 and who had the best tuning for it or are kelseys numbers spot on?

Just want to know so I can get the right programmer and tuning or who's the best to have it tuned.

Appreciate the help!

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I am going to put the 925 in my 13 for next season from what you have had seen. would you run a BD box or a PC5 and who had the best tuning for it or are kelseys numbers spot on?

Just want to know so I can get the right programmer and tuning or who's the best to have it tuned.

Appreciate the help!

I'm running the BD myself. I need to have on the fly adjustability which the PCV lacks. Kelseys numbers for the stock pipe were perfect on my sled. With the Jaws setup I had to adjust his numbers a bit for my sled but they were still decently close.

T

Turd Boy

Jan 26, 2010
Sask.
When I had this kit on my '12 Kelsey's number were very close but when I moved it over to my '13 it was too rich so I had to lean it out a fair bit. On my sled I run egt and a/f, made it a lot easier to tune.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Thanks allot do you run a air fuel gauge also? How big of difference was the jaws pipe? Would you put it on right away?

No af gauge. Running egt and watching wash. I would definitely put the Jaws pipe on right away. It runs real good with the stock pipe but it's another animal with the Jaws on it.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I have had only great experiences with RKT stuff. Top quality and worked as advertised. Kelsey of RKT ALWAYS had great support. I didnt even have big purchases with him (head and secondary kit) yet he responded as if I was a big bucks customer with any questions to get it all dialed. Good products, good guy.

T

Turd Boy

Jan 26, 2010
Sask.
I'm still just running 14.1 heads all the time and the stock pipe, I hear good things about the Jaws pipe on this motor but haven't felt I need anymore right now.

Premium Features