• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 m8 turbo questions

M
Oct 2, 2017
Hey guys so I'm new to the forum and learning how to use. I'm stuck on a decision. So I can pick up a Dakota performance turbo kit for dirt cheap, it has everything but an egt probe/ gauge, or I can buy another 2010 with a pump gas boondocker kit already installed and all the mapping and fine tuning done. My problem is deciding which on which one. I want a setup that is fairly simple as I don't have much experience with fuel mapping. Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I have a 2009 with the boondocker PG kit. I had a few issues early on (EBC was going out on me, causing really odd symptoms), but other than that it has been a great kit. I do mix 2 gallons of race gas per tank because when you max out the injectors/boost, it will get into mild detonation. Good insurance. Also, as I was working through some issues with the EBC, I was able to get an expert on the phone at Boondocker every time. Overall happy with the purchase. Something to check out is whether or not the EBC is the new generation model...because if it isn't, it will get moisture in it and it will stop working. Boondocker worked with me on an exchange for something like $200 for an updated version. Not a big deal IMO. Also, I created a cold air intake...it didn't work that well with the intake under the hood...seemed like it would get rich and couldn't get around it. But the cold air intake is a great investment anyway...much cooler intake temps. Tunnel exhaust is awesome...never bogs in deep snow or hard sidehills to either side. Overall very happy with the kit and it has been reliable (once past the EBC issue). I would buy a boondocker kit again...probably my top choice based on my experience. Is there better? Probably...but I liked the support and the kit has been reliable for me. Runs great too. Easy tuning. I pretty much pull and go...but will adjust from time to time for more boost/power.

I can't say anything good or bad about Dakota...no experience there.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
attachment.php

Premium Features