For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: Proclimb M 2012 and beyond

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
zecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2015 M8000 Boondocker Sidekick Turbo at low elevation?

Ended up ffinding a steal of a deal on a 15 M8000 with a side kick turbo and low miles. Anyways bought the sled because it was a good deal and everything on the sled checked out. Anyways the purpose for the long track is for a trip or two out west this winter but I was curious what would need to be done to ride it at lower elevations such as the UP?

BD does not reccomend running it below 5000ft, and I am curious if there is anything I can do so I can use it on a trip or two up to the UP this winter or if it is going to be a strictly out west sled. I figured running AV or 110 might cure this? Have not been able to find much information about this on the forums.
Zach

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-08-2018, 10:12 PM
Currently: Motor Boating
Phizzer has a reputation beyond reputePhizzer has a reputation beyond reputePhizzer has a reputation beyond reputePhizzer has a reputation beyond reputePhizzer has a reputation beyond reputePhizzer has a reputation beyond reputePhizzer has a reputation beyond reputePhizzer has a reputation beyond reputePhizzer has a reputation beyond reputePhizzer has a reputation beyond reputePhizzer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious on this as well. Is the low elevation not recommended due to the fuel curve on the ECM? Can they reflash for the low elevation? Clutching? I'd be interested to hear.

"Work Hard and stay Humble"

Old 09-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
zecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond reputezecow224 has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke with a Bd rep at haydays and he said I will just need to mix in some higher octane fuel but didnít give me an exact ratio. He said put a few gallons of AV in and if I get an octane code to add more u til I can determine whatís working. I am not sure if I am going to use AV or blue gas. However the guy I got it from said he ran it for 150-200 Miles last season and didnít have an issue.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:42 AM
Currently: Keyboard highmarking at its best.
jim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond repute

I have a PG turbo I run up higher. I mixed gas at times to prevent detonation with higher boost. Problem is, AV and race gas mess with your fueling due to the changes in fuel density. I have found that adding octane booster works great because it doesn't mess up the fuel density, which can mess with how rich or lean it runs. That said, you can mix the gas to change the fueling a bit for auto systems...if a bit rich, you can mix in AV gas to lean it out. And race gas typically run a bit richer from what I've seen or at least keeps you a bit safer if you think you are a bit lean. But, for consistency, the octane boost works great. I use Royal Purple octane booster because it is compatible with the sleds and easy to find. Cheap too. Half a bottle a tank and I'm always safe. Plus you can carry it with you just in case you need a bit more octane.