Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: AXYS 2016 AXYS chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
robisonkory4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GGB mountain can with SLP pipe?

I currently have a SLP sage two kit on my sled (pipe and can) I recently was given (sponsorship) a mountain can from GGB. Does anyone have an opinion about using the SLP with the GGB can? Or should i just put the stock pipe back on with the GGB can.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-12-2017, 11:03 AM
Currently: Back in the mountains
Thanked 1,133 Times in 425 Posts
Murph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robisonkory4 View Post
I currently have a SLP sage two kit on my sled (pipe and can) I recently was given (sponsorship) a mountain can from GGB. Does anyone have an opinion about using the SLP with the GGB can? Or should i just put the stock pipe back on with the GGB can.

Yes, please don't do it. The GGB mountain can is an ear splitter. It has no place on public lands

Speedcell Technologies-- Founding Member

Tahoe Nordic Search and Rescue-snowmobile team

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Murph For This Useful Post:
kswitch (09-04-2018), NoNonsense (09-04-2018), pinko (10-27-2017), tmberro (09-04-2018)
Old 10-12-2017, 01:48 PM
Currently: RzR'n til Snow Flies
Basic Member
akpowderhound has a reputation beyond reputeakpowderhound has a reputation beyond reputeakpowderhound has a reputation beyond reputeakpowderhound has a reputation beyond reputeakpowderhound has a reputation beyond reputeakpowderhound has a reputation beyond reputeakpowderhound has a reputation beyond reputeakpowderhound has a reputation beyond reputeakpowderhound has a reputation beyond reputeakpowderhound has a reputation beyond reputeakpowderhound has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I'm running the SLP pipe with the ggb can. Neither company has said they recommend it but I will attest it works very well together.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:23 PM
jrk has a reputation beyond reputejrk has a reputation beyond reputejrk has a reputation beyond reputejrk has a reputation beyond reputejrk has a reputation beyond reputejrk has a reputation beyond reputejrk has a reputation beyond reputejrk has a reputation beyond reputejrk has a reputation beyond reputejrk has a reputation beyond reputejrk has a reputation beyond repute

This directly from SLP:

"....The pipe and silencer are tuned as a unit and that does help us achieve better power bands and increased hp. Changing the silencer will change the flow and pulse which can result in reducing dependability, drivability and hp loss. On EFI systems it will also change the fuel requirement so the EFI map may not be within parameter with the altered silencer. Even silencer to pipe mounting variances can stress the pipe or Y pipe and cause breakage or chassis fit issues. We do not recommend altering the silencer in any way. Doing so will also void any warranty that would be
available from SLP....."

With that being said, I don't think it worth trying to mix and match at the sacrafice of reliability or HP....after all.....isnt that the reason you bought the pipe for in the first place??

If you aren't satisfied with the SLP silencer that came with the pipe, look into their new competition series silencer. It has been tested and validated to work with THEIR pipe.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:04 PM
Basic Member
shaun.leslie is an unknown quantity at this point

I ran a GGB can on my '16 Axys at the start of the of season last year. I actually like a throaty pipe, which it certainly was... But I have to say it was too loud. I found I was actually getting a "ringing" in my right ear after a long day of riding.
I made the decision to move to a full SLP System. I brought the sled to VOHK in Kremling CO (SLP System, tune, Clutch kit). It made a noticeable difference.
I'd highly recommend you stick with the SLP Stage 2, it's a far better setup.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:13 PM
SLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond reputeSLP has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, just saw your thread and thought I might add a little more info for you.

We realize that there are some of you out there that like the louder sound of a straight through type silencer rather than the baffled type body we typically sell. We also want to make sure that you have a silencer that is matched to the tune of the pipe and that won't affect any SLP warranty on your pipe set as mentioned above.

For those reasons we have added a new version of our muffler that we call the "Competition Series Ultra-Lite" Silencers:

Competition Series Ultra-Lite Silencer

They are tuned to work properly with our pipes and give you a louder exhaust note. If you are looking to go louder and lighter weight (about 2 lbs.) I would HIGHLY recommend our new Competition Series Muffler rather than adding a different brand silencer to our pipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	09-324.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	287191  

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-27-2017, 08:12 AM
Currently: Let 'er SNOW!!
Timbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond reputeTimbre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP View Post
Hey guys, just saw your thread and thought I might add a little more info for you.

We realize that there are some of you out there that like the louder sound of a straight through type silencer rather than the baffled type body we typically sell. We also want to make sure that you have a silencer that is matched to the tune of the pipe and that won't affect any SLP warranty on your pipe set as mentioned above.

For those reasons we have added a new version of our muffler that we call the "Competition Series Ultra-Lite" Silencers:

They are tuned to work properly with our pipes and give you a louder exhaust note. If you are looking to go louder and lighter weight (about 2 lbs.) I would HIGHLY recommend our new Competition Series Muffler rather than adding a different brand silencer to our pipe.
Really???!!
I have always been a fan of you guys there at SLP . . until now. In my humble opinion, making a LOUDER can is a BIG mistake, and only contributes to the problem we already have with riding areas being closed or potentially closed due to LOUD exhaust on sleds. I understand the "business" end of things in that selling this LOUDER can will bring in some revenue, but this puts you in the position of CONTRIBUTING to the problem rather than being a SOLUTION to the problem.

How about thinking FORWARD and coming up with a pipe / can combo that is QUIETER?

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Timbre For This Useful Post:
Catlarsen (09-06-2018), kswitch (09-04-2018), NoNonsense (09-04-2018), nregistered (09-02-2018), Spiced Wafer (09-05-2018), tmberro (09-04-2018)
Old 10-27-2017, 11:45 AM
pinko has a reputation beyond reputepinko has a reputation beyond reputepinko has a reputation beyond reputepinko has a reputation beyond reputepinko has a reputation beyond reputepinko has a reputation beyond reputepinko has a reputation beyond reputepinko has a reputation beyond reputepinko has a reputation beyond reputepinko has a reputation beyond reputepinko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Yes, please don't do it. The GGB mountain can is an ear splitter. It has no place on public lands
Agreed. One of the most obnoxious cans I've ever heard. They don't even sound good imo

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to pinko For This Useful Post:
Snowman.PRO. (09-06-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 07:01 PM
Basic Member
Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh

I love the sound of ggb mtn can.

Old 09-02-2018, 12:03 AM
Basic Member
no_uh has a reputation beyond reputeno_uh has a reputation beyond reputeno_uh has a reputation beyond reputeno_uh has a reputation beyond reputeno_uh has a reputation beyond reputeno_uh has a reputation beyond reputeno_uh has a reputation beyond reputeno_uh has a reputation beyond reputeno_uh has a reputation beyond reputeno_uh has a reputation beyond reputeno_uh has a reputation beyond repute

Trail can yes please. Mtn can no thanks.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:23 AM
Currently: easing into Winter......
Sage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 09-04-2018, 02:23 PM
Currently: just another day in paradise
beamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Basic Member
tmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tmberro For This Useful Post:
kswitch (09-04-2018), NoNonsense (09-04-2018), Snowman.PRO. (09-06-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Currently: just another day in paradise
beamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond reputebeamslayer has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-04-2018, 07:59 PM
Basic Member
NoNonsense has a reputation beyond reputeNoNonsense has a reputation beyond reputeNoNonsense has a reputation beyond reputeNoNonsense has a reputation beyond reputeNoNonsense has a reputation beyond reputeNoNonsense has a reputation beyond reputeNoNonsense has a reputation beyond reputeNoNonsense has a reputation beyond reputeNoNonsense has a reputation beyond reputeNoNonsense has a reputation beyond reputeNoNonsense has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-04-2018, 08:27 PM
Basic Member
Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh Colbymh

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Colbymh For This Useful Post:
akpowderhound (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Murph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Murph For This Useful Post:
Sage Crusher (09-05-2018), sledhed (09-06-2018), Snowman.PRO. (09-06-2018), Spiced Wafer (09-05-2018), Timbre (09-05-2018), tmberro (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 01:44 PM
xmk1080 has a reputation beyond reputexmk1080 has a reputation beyond reputexmk1080 has a reputation beyond reputexmk1080 has a reputation beyond reputexmk1080 has a reputation beyond reputexmk1080 has a reputation beyond reputexmk1080 has a reputation beyond reputexmk1080 has a reputation beyond reputexmk1080 has a reputation beyond reputexmk1080 has a reputation beyond reputexmk1080 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmk1080 For This Useful Post:
cdadragon (09-05-2018), Sheetmetalfab (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 10:40 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 09-05-2018, 10:48 PM

Click Here to Register

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murph For This Useful Post:
Sage Crusher (09-05-2018), Timbre (09-06-2018), tmberro (09-06-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 11:19 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 09-05-2018, 11:56 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 09-06-2018, 09:46 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register