For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Trucks and Trailers Towing and hauling your sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2018, 08:30 PM
Currently: Not set.
titaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Double R trailer

Got myself a new custom 4 season trailer from Double R this summer. Been using it for a while before posting my impressions. I looked at lots of options before going this route, as I'm sure everyone does, so posting this as I don't see too many of these trailers out there.

Major features I decided to go with: 21' (16' box + 5' V), 8'6" height, 2-6000# axles, fully insulated, lots of lights, both LED and florescent, dual 6v deep cycle batteries recessed in the floor. Poly bead flooring, 64' of e track, 2 recessed motorcycle chocks, 20k ducted furnace, 110 power package, side window, 2 benches, heated helmet locker, hooks, aluminum wheels.

Very happy with the build quality. Super happy with the quality of the cabinets, super heavy duty and well made. fit and finish is very nice. Towed it to Colorado from Idaho this summer full of toys, tows great.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to titaniumbadger For This Useful Post:
BLITZKRIEG (08-20-2018), boondocker97 (08-21-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 10:13 AM
Currently: I can't ride until I find my Superman cape!
Bubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond repute

Looks nice any idea what the weight is on it. i may be in the market for a trailer soon. and who was your dealer.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 08-19-2018, 04:54 AM
Currently: and here we have a monkey with 4 asses
Thanked 3,206 Times in 1,575 Posts
Mafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Looks nice any idea what the weight is on it. i may be in the market for a trailer soon. and who was your dealer.
Bubba, I see in your sig that you are from SD.
I would recommend buying from a local dealer so you have access to warranty, service and parts & accessories.
I've owned 4 enclosed trailers and would be happy to throw in my 2 cents if you want.

Member of South Dakota Snowmobile Assn.

Support the sport you love, join a club & get involved!

Remember, Pig & Elephant DNA just don't splice

Old 08-24-2018, 04:45 PM
titaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond reputetitaniumbadger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
The title says 3,740 pounds, but I haven't weighed it myself.

I ordered it directly from Double R and went and picked it up from their facility in Nampa.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:17 AM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I had them build me a 16' on the square with a 7' V and love the trailer. It is heavy but pulls like a dream. the build quality is good for the price. the first thing you will need to do is at the electric brakes they use scotch locks to connect to the wheel part. the road grime and vibration will cause them to break off at the connector. I ended up soldering them in place of the connector. the other thing is the suppler of the axle assembly did not put anti seize in the brake adjuster (this is what tightens the brakes) and after the first year I had to pull them apart and free them up and add it. this is the only complaints I have.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiliki For This Useful Post:
christopher (08-25-2018), titaniumbadger (08-25-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Currently: Waiting for snow...
trackvs2wheels has a reputation beyond reputetrackvs2wheels has a reputation beyond reputetrackvs2wheels has a reputation beyond reputetrackvs2wheels has a reputation beyond reputetrackvs2wheels has a reputation beyond reputetrackvs2wheels has a reputation beyond reputetrackvs2wheels has a reputation beyond reputetrackvs2wheels has a reputation beyond reputetrackvs2wheels has a reputation beyond reputetrackvs2wheels has a reputation beyond reputetrackvs2wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Double R

I had a custom Double R trailer built in 2012...they are VERY STOUT and well built trailers Shannon and his staff at Double R in Nampa are legit if you are looking for a totally custom build. Mine got hailed out otherwise I'd still have it!