• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PR2 Racing-New Throttle Body Modifications with your PR2 ECU

P
Jan 23, 2017
Pennsylvania

New Product from PR2 Racing. We now offer enhance performance of your 350 through 500cc Snow-Bikes (big bore kits make even more power) with PR2 Racing Throttle-Bodies.
How does it work: We take your throttle body and greatly enhance airflow by precision boring and re-shaping the unit. We install a new larger in-house manufactured butterfly and return to you.
What Hp increases are seen: 450's are seeing 3.5 to 4Hp increase...right where its needed mid to top-end! KTM 500 and Husky 501's are 5+ Hp.
What does it cost: $425....This is some of the lease expensive Hp for your ride.

Contact us for the best Snow-Bike ECUs for your Snow-Bike.

Special offer: Send your throttle body and we will update/re-program your PR2 ECU at no-charge to work with the PR2 Throttle body...$175 value.

PR2 Racing
Engine Division
849 N Little Britain Rd
Quarryville, PA 17566
717-786-8321

Jeff P

B
May 1, 2018
Please any true dyno graph info on a fuel injected 450.Is this for a motor with head work and pipe etc..Hows throttle response, is it a tapered bore, how much of a bore.I can see this working on a big bore no problem.$500 for

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Throttle body mod

Just in case the site is getting a few more visitors, I'll bring this post back up. Anyone try this, or have any experience with throttle body mods?

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I had throttle body mods from kms but that was for more flow for the turbo application....I would assume this is a high rpm type gain for sure.....
Just in case the site is getting a few more visitors, I'll bring this post back up. Anyone try this, or have any experience with throttle body mods?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

IShartd

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Alpine County, CA
I did it last year on my 520. Don’t know about dyno #s Just know the bike runs real good. If you already have his ecu Id do it. But if not just get the ecu. Cleans the fuel up so nicely with the added rev you can’t go wrong.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
I had it done on my 18 500exc. I also have the pr2 ecu. Unfortunately, I did these mods before riding it on snow so I have nothing to compare it to. The engine starts good and runs strong with better torque and power than my 17fx. Riding buddy on a 19 450sx. My 500 pulls better down low and similar on top. Flat race across open pretty close. Whoever gets the least restrictive snow wins. Fwiw.
Yeah, I'd like to see some dyno numbers too.

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
me and several other members are having problems starting our bikes with the pr2 ECM. if we throw the stock ECM on the bike fires up instantly.

is there any way I can get a refund on this P.O.S ecm?? customer service is piss poor too. instructed to do the TPS reset and claimed thats all that can be done since the KTMs came with 3 different cams with no markings and no one seems to be able to tell which cam is in which bike and therefore which tune we need. pure junk.

Broncoblue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Boise, Id
I did it last year on my 520. Don’t know about dyno #s Just know the bike runs real good. If you already have his ecu Id do it. But if not just get the ecu. Cleans the fuel up so nicely with the added rev you can’t go wrong.

I have the 520 as well with the PR2 ecu. Curious what map you are running? Thanks!

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
my 19 KTM 450 XCF starts fine with PR2 ECU. Service has been good from PR2.
My PR2 that would not start my 16 YZ 450FX works great on my kickstart only 17 YZ 450 F. Don’t know why. My riding partner who is on a 16 Yz450f with the same PR2 works awesome also. Seems like it is an electric start deal? Don’t know. Just my personal experience.

Spike89

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
Had the same problem. Sent it back and was told there was nothing wrong with it. Asked for a refund and was politely told to sell it to someone else. So I did.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
its the 520 map on a 13 450 sxf, ive done the TPS calibration trick. still nothing.

when I plugged the stock ECM in it fired up instantly but was revving superrrrr high. I needed to turn the idle screw out like 1.5 turns.
Watch this I would disengage the yellow so called cold start

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
thats interesting that he mentions guys with the vertex having idle problems too.. like how hard is it to get the idle set right on a $1000 ecm??? kinda BS if you ask me.

thanks for the video though. I dont think my 13 has that yellow knob on the bottom though. I will look closer when im back home.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
well, i'm building a 450 for a guy and was going to buy one. now not so sure.

should be able to fool the coolant temp sensor with a resistor. done it lots before. could even make a batch if guys are interested.

I have access to a dyno. so if someone has an ecu for a '16 ktm or pr2 wants to send me one. I can post real numbers.

Premium Features