For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Gen 4 For the 2017 and newer REV Gen 4 Sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2018, 10:40 AM
Currently: gen4 now please
PaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sidewinder Gen4 comparison

Any Gen4 lovers get a chance to ride a 2018 and newer 162 X 3Ē Sidewinder yet?
I found a killer deal on a new SW
And just curious how much more effort it takes for tree riding?
I donít want it if itís like a bus..
Thanks for any input!

I should point outó->I love my 165 X
Keeping my 17 for spare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 08-24-2018, 06:09 PM
Currently: Waiting to do that ^^ again
First SnoWest Premium Member
Thanked 3,158 Times in 2,099 Posts
MountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Hahahaha

You’re joking, right...?

Nooooooooo..... don’t do it.....!

I haven’t ridden one, but I spent a day digging one out multiple times last winter. Made a good rider look lousy.

The Following User Says Thank You to MountainTrashCat For This Useful Post:
PaulAnd (08-25-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 08:07 PM
Currently: Not set.
damx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond repute

Last winter my buddies axys had the reeds go bad at 3200 miles. Polaris dear also sells Yamaha. So they lent him there demo Yamaha. I have never seen him stuck so much it was funny. He went from a 10 to a 5. Hope this helps.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to damx For This Useful Post:
PaulAnd (08-28-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 11:13 AM
Currently: waiting for snow!
Basic Member
Motorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond repute

I had a 153x3 for a while.. It was brutal. You really need to learn how to ride it. Even then when you do "master" it, it is not as fun as the new 2 strokes.

Unless you are tired of changing pistons and have had terrible luck with every 2 stroke you have ever had, or if you ride wide open fields/hills at 10 000+ feet, I'd recommend to stay away from it. Especially considering you've driven the best mountain sled on the market.

Last edited by Motorbreath_; 08-25-2018 at 11:16 AM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Motorbreath_ For This Useful Post:
Daag44 (08-25-2018), kiliki (08-25-2018), PaulAnd (08-25-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 03:08 PM
Currently: Liv'n the Dream everyday
Calvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond repute

I currently have two Gen 4 summits 165" and 175". I rented a Sidewinder in Cooke City in March because I really love the four stroke and was seriously considering buying one. The power was amazing, but after just a short time on the sled, I was glad I'd rented one to try myself. It was definitely not the sled for me. After owning an AXYS and now two Doo's, I just couldn't bring myself to buy one. Some people love them, and that's great. Just not the sled for me. Felt very heavy compared to my other sleds and did not handle well in the trees in my opinion. As with any purchase, I'll never tell someone how or where to spend their money. However, with the reliability of todays 2 stroke turbo's, I'm not sure why a person would go with a four stroke mountain sled. Eventually their handling will improve and the sled will feel lighter, but again, it's not for me. I did own an MCX 240 Nytro with a 162" so the power is addicting, it's just not for me. I'm 205 and 6', so it wasn't that I couldn't handle the sled, I could. I just don't want to.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calvin42 For This Useful Post:
christopher (08-27-2018), PaulAnd (08-28-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 06:35 PM
Currently: Waiting to do that ^^ again
First SnoWest Premium Member
Thanked 3,158 Times in 2,099 Posts
MountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Someone said the ďfunĒ word.

To me, thatís everything. Unless I get a job that pays me to ride, itís all about the fun part.

The Following User Says Thank You to MountainTrashCat For This Useful Post:
PaulAnd (08-28-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 07:48 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 14,867 Times in 7,055 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I had many 4 strokes each different and each LOADS of fun, all the way up to 275hp.

But I agree, my Doos are SO MUCH EASIER to ride

The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
PaulAnd (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 11:43 AM
Currently: gen4 now please
PaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond reputePaulAnd has a reputation beyond repute

Great feedback!
If you ask the Yammy crowd itís a nobrainer..
Iím gonna pass on the SW
I like/love the lightness of the Gen4
And donít think I would take to the SW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk