For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Trucks and Trailers Towing and hauling your sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2018, 06:27 PM
Currently: Not set.
F7arcticcat has a reputation beyond reputeF7arcticcat has a reputation beyond reputeF7arcticcat has a reputation beyond reputeF7arcticcat has a reputation beyond reputeF7arcticcat has a reputation beyond reputeF7arcticcat has a reputation beyond reputeF7arcticcat has a reputation beyond reputeF7arcticcat has a reputation beyond reputeF7arcticcat has a reputation beyond reputeF7arcticcat has a reputation beyond reputeF7arcticcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bubble Foil Trailer Insulation

I'm looking at ordering a 7x31 trailer. I see one of the options is bubble foil insulation. The cost is roughly 1,100 for them to do the ceiling and walls. I don't plan on ever using the trailer to sleep in. I would probably run propane to either work in it or have a beer at the end of the day. I'm guessing 2 hours max at a time. I like the idea of insulating it right from the manufacturer, but is 1,100 to high and would it really be worth it? Any issues with condensation and doors freezing shut?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to F7arcticcat For This Useful Post:
christopher (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 07:05 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 14,867 Times in 7,055 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by F7arcticcat View Post
I'm looking at ordering a 7x31 trailer. I see one of the options is bubble foil insulation. The cost is roughly 1,100 for them to do the ceiling and walls. I don't plan on ever using the trailer to sleep in. I would probably run propane to either work in it or have a beer at the end of the day. I'm guessing 2 hours max at a time. I like the idea of insulating it right from the manufacturer, but is 1,100 to high and would it really be worth it? Any issues with condensation and doors freezing shut?
All of my trailers have been insulated, and it makes a big difference while the furnace is blowing. Once the heat is OFF, they still cool down MIGHTY FAST as the walls are all just WAY TO THIN to have any decent insulation factor in them.

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
F7arcticcat (07-21-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 08:42 PM
DUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond repute

Spend the money now. Definitely insulated it now. It will also stay cooler in the summer.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to DUKHTR3 For This Useful Post:
F7arcticcat (07-21-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 04:37 AM
Currently: TOO MANY PROJECTS!
joshkoltes has a reputation beyond reputejoshkoltes has a reputation beyond reputejoshkoltes has a reputation beyond reputejoshkoltes has a reputation beyond reputejoshkoltes has a reputation beyond reputejoshkoltes has a reputation beyond reputejoshkoltes has a reputation beyond reputejoshkoltes has a reputation beyond reputejoshkoltes has a reputation beyond reputejoshkoltes has a reputation beyond reputejoshkoltes has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

my interior is finished with just plastic panel that's designed like cardboard, no actual insulation. Ive been running an electric milk house heater off a power inverter until I fix my generator. it actually does pretty good even in the cold. best part, no propane fumes. I had a ventless propane furnace in it long ago and it nearly killed me.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 07-26-2018, 08:44 AM
Currently: Winning
Basic Member
szotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond reputeszotty has a reputation beyond repute

If time didn't matter use foam board friction fit it (table saw cuts it perfectly and easy) then line trailer and will be nicer than cheap bubble stuff and more solid if get little nicks and bumps on trailer skin cus friends or family

Old 07-26-2018, 10:10 AM
Currently: Patiently waiting for my '19
Blk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond repute

I would use foam board before I'd use bubble foil. JMHO.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:55 PM
Currently: Let it snow !!!
donbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond repute

If the interior Is unfinished do it yourself with a foam board or Styrofoam

Cars today use Styrofoam

You could even bubble wrap it but may degrade over time.

Coat the underneath with rust prevent paint like an alkaline with zinc. Then coat with elastromeric paint for insulation and rock barrier. Pool paint or top of trailer paint.

Then seal it up.

Last edited by donbrown; 08-12-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:19 PM
Reg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not familiar with the auto industry using Styrofoam (a blue extruded closed-cell product by Dow provided primarily in sheets). The auto and rec vehicle industry uses Expanded PolyStyrene (EPS), a expanded closed cell foam ("white bead board") that is very common, both custom molded (like you're helmet), bumpers, etc. and sheets/blocks cut to size in roofs, floors, walls.

If doing this yourself, use foil laminated, and I'd use an extruded or isocyanurate. They will be more durable than EPS, better R-value per inch, and more expensive. Foil to the inside. You may still end up with a vapor barrier issue and get moisture inside with the aluminum skin. Of course, you get inside moisture with no insulation and just aluminum skin if your dew point is high enough. My lessons from doing trailers myself, and working in the closed-cell foam insulation manufacturing industry.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:42 AM
Currently: Well. ..whadidya expect when ya voted for the back end of a donkey??
OrangeKowJumper has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeKowJumper has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeKowJumper has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeKowJumper has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeKowJumper has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeKowJumper has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeKowJumper has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeKowJumper has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeKowJumper has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeKowJumper has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeKowJumper has a reputation beyond repute

1100 bucks for the bubble foil is flat robbery..for the little bit of insulating it'll do! ...you can buy the good purple 4x8 sheets by 1 inch thick at your home store and do it yourself if your walls an ceiling are screwed on. ...probably less than 200 bucks..