For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Currently: 18 Camso DTS 129
Basic Member
Ben 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do I ride? I have the bike, installed the kit, but don't know how to ride.HELP!

Ok, guys and girls, thanks to all of your generous time, precious energy, and knowledge of all things dirtbike and snowbike kit related, I finally have this thing all assembled and ready to go.

I have to confess and I hope you can forgive me and can keep providing me with your help and thoughts-which I do value more than you will ever know. There is no doubt in my mind that you are all the/my pioneers in this glorious new sport and I'll always look up to you like every other team looks up at the New England Patriots. I don't know how to ride this thing. I'm just, among a few other things a start-up owner, who knows all about software and everything IT, screenwriter for those shows on TV/satellite/cable that people think are funny, and consultant, working on 3 month to 1 year projects (Since anything longer just takes too long and I end up making it too complicated and then no one can figure it out, like the IT Good Will Humping, I mean Hunting, not the pron movie. Matt Damon has been in so many good movies, there is Saving Ryan's Privates, The Pourne Supremacy . . . )-makes me more money that I could ever make washing dishes at the local chain restaurant that was the only other job I've ever had. Imagine, something that works too well but because no one else can figure it out, they don't want to use it for fear that no one else but me will be able to fix it?, so it has to be dumbed down and made not nearly as good and it suffices.

Being sort of a geek is very helpful (most of us are geeks in our own unique ways, at least that is what my mother would tell me)- as we will immerse ourselves totally and completely into something until we can understand and learn everything about it, and you have all been so utterly helpful to this end and I thank you and will keep thanking you all through this long-assed post. Starting last year, the thought of a dual sport bike and being out in the sunlight made me so excited, once I finished building the last Lego Death Star kit that I bought for $799.99, I figured, if I can complete the Death Star, I can build anything, so I looked at this website and got the Camso kit. I am awesome at following directions and there were 6,325 steps to complete the Death Star and only about, maybe 30-40 on the motorcycle and Camso kit combined so it was much simpler and like a big, giant Lego kit, but a kit that I got to use tools to take apart and put back together as opposed to my fingers for the Lego's, where I am the tool-ha, I'm the tool-get it?

Ok, more confession. I bought the Beta 500 RR-S because I thought it would be a good learner bike and when the time comes, I can get a 1,000 cc Adventure Tourer because the idea of looking like I can ride anywhere I want is so cool. And the Beta is Italian, and the Italians make spaghetti, and Chef Boy Ardee, and Pizza, and Ferrari and Lamborhini-while I already have a Ferrari and Lambo-that is what an owner can call the car but no one else can, and have a Urus on order, the Beta is supposed to be good like Ragu sauce. But having a smaller 500 might be a good idea so I can work my milk-shaded skin, arms and legs like chain link fence piping, into Chris Hemsworth-he is handsome, no? (but I do really like girls)-like body with muscles and bumps over my bones. I have been learning, riding it on dirt roads and have gotten better. 3rd gear does not scare me anymore when I give it gas and I have found that going over idle speed can be a lot of fun, let me tell you. All the jackets I can get, and have, I feel like I am a First Order trooper and when I am outside the coffee shop, I'm ready to fight for and with, Kylo Ren. Nobody ever gives me a hard time while I'm leaned up against my bike, with my jacket and pants on, and all the armor in the jacket already makes me look like a Batman, the Christian Bale-one as he was the baddest, Ben Affleck was not bad either, but when I stand with the dark sunshield down, all I'd need is my replica blaster rifle and George Lucas himself would not know I'm not the real thing-but back to snowbiking and not what I do in the summer-which is on Adventure Rider Forum.

Now with the Camso, it is going to be a whole new world. It's going to be slippery and wet, right? When the bike falls, which it does often when I'm on the road as I can barely touch a toe on the ground when I stop so I don't ride far from the truck as I keep the stand close by and if I am lucky and can coast in close enough, I can put a foot on the stand and then feel like I'm Cougar from Top Gun, and just too scared to make the landing without help from Maverick. When that happens, I just let the bike fall and save myself from injury. Injuries that would surely end my ability to use a computer and continue my livlihood. I'd have to go back to washing dishes for one of the restaurant group's restaurants that thankfully, I left on good good terms with in case I ever need something to fall back on.

Oh yeah, when the bike falls over, how do you get it back up? I saw a snow jack kit that was 2 piece and almost $500. Is it good to have this? Could I carry something like a pole vaulters pole and use it like a big lever to get the bike back up?, or would this require too much fabrication that the bike is not made for? One solution comes to mind right away is that I could make a trailer and carry the pole like the utility companies do for transporting replacement telephone poles. They might be onto something, those crafty telecommunication companies, I tell ya, they know what they are doing. I'm looking at snowbike trailersl but can't find any. Does anyone have a link, preferably from Amazon Prime as I'd like to get it by Sunday.

More good questions for now. Will the bike work in the snow if I only feel safe at idle in 3rd gear. I've been really good at getting up to 3rd gear the past few months. Shifting and pulling up on that lever with my left foot has now almost become second nature, maybe third nature as it is not as easy as right clicking a mouse. Should I have gotten a turbo or nitrous kit to help in 3rd gear? What, exactly, happens in the 4th and 5th gears? Do any of you use those gears?

I have all this gear. I have read everything on snowbikes that has been posted online and have been ordering stuff and having it delivered. It's been great but I get really hot when I walk around the house with all of it on and play PS4 in it to break it in. Will the gear be this hot when I ride? If so, how will I cool off? Should I take all off, like I did when I was younger and then make snow angels?, then get back into my mono-suit and get back to riding. Sort of like what they also do in the Scandinavian countries where they sit in the hot water but it is cold outside. Has anyone done this?

I like to have hot cocoa in the winter when I'm done sledding. You know, the kind with the marshmallows that float on the top and melt in your mouth when you finally get one in your mouth? Is there a device where I can make this using the bike? My initial thought is to brace the bike against a tree, rock or stump, then spin the track until it reaches the bare ground, and like a monster 4x4 truck where the (radical) guys, strap them together and then the tires burn out while trying to pull against one another, like truck arm-wrestling, eventually the track spinning on the pine needles under the snow will burn and start a fire, right? and then I can put my kettle that I have packed on my tunnel and Swiss Miss Instant Hot Cocoa Mix with marshmallow stars on the flame and heat it up. Ingenious, no?

Lastly, for now. Where do you keep your medications? If my airbox is snow-tight, would the pills keep well without being ingested by the intake or, will the Outerwears keep any drug-dust out of the intake so my engine does not overdose?

I have lots more questions and will add more to this thread but I'll start with these questions for now. Thanks for all of your responses.

Last edited by Ben 500RR-S; 12-15-2017 at 03:02 PM.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ben 500RR-S For This Useful Post:
arctic viper (12-15-2017), justinkredible56 (12-15-2017), Sheetmetalfab (12-15-2017), Vincenthdfan (12-15-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 10:24 AM
Currently: 2 x('18Camso/'08KTM300 XCW)
Basic Member
Misha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond repute

Benn, There's several good posts here on cookers - you may be able to use them for info on the hot coco. It's good to see someone who does not take themselves too seriously

I've only ridden a snow bike once so far and my kit is now nearing completion. I have no reservations on how to ride in the snow, even from just that one intro rental day last year at Revelstoke with my son. I'm just going to wait a couple of more weeks to make sure I have plenty of snow depth to fall in.

You've made the right choice here but don't forget to hold it WFO at times and wait for the Phd (piled high and deep).

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-15-2017, 10:49 AM
Basic Member
Ben 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond reputeBen 500RR-S has a reputation beyond repute

You've got a good sense of humor Misha Subo. Thank goodness. Why stuff written online stresses other people out is beyond me. I know, I know, words have meaning. Perhaps we need to have a sticky with "Unacceptable Snowbike Trigger Topics(USTT)" using some of my posts and threads as examples, to help those for which no safe space yet exists on this forum and that feel compelled to both read, and respond, to things that make them feel uncomfortable. Getting out of ones comfort zone is like me stepping into public. For most of my life, I've only existed in computer labs and libraries and the first floor-thankfully not the basement, most of my life. Sunlight still sort of hurts, like it did to those humanoid creatures in "I Am Legend", but it is getting better and this new sport is going to help me as will all of you who have been helping me, a true heartfelt - thanks.

The Beta and Camso have and will give me the freedom to spread my full sized cape that I wear under my heavy sweaters for one never knows when a superhero will be needed, online or in the real-world. I've been thinking of ways to incorporate and reinforce my cape so that I can wear it while riding and it won't get tangled in the 2.5"x 12.5" x 129" Camso track, that would be horrific but nothing a Superhero would not be able to withstand. Imagine me riding, with the pole vaulter pole on a trailer behind my snowbike, with my yellow X-men cape-like Professor X, and then getting yanked backwards off the bike because the cape got tangled in the track. That would be like an Epic Fail, right?

I find great comfort in the rainbow fruit roll-up's. I get them at BJ's if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Ben 500RR-S; 12-15-2017 at 12:28 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-15-2017, 10:49 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Snowridermt has a brilliant futureSnowridermt has a brilliant futureSnowridermt has a brilliant futureSnowridermt has a brilliant futureSnowridermt has a brilliant futureSnowridermt has a brilliant futureSnowridermt has a brilliant futureSnowridermt has a brilliant futureSnowridermt has a brilliant futureSnowridermt has a brilliant futureSnowridermt has a brilliant future

This is so good, idk if your being real or fake. Lmfao. If you are being serious i would not go alone, you will die! Seriously.

Probably the best post on here! So funny

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowridermt For This Useful Post:
Ben 500RR-S (12-15-2017), Snowman269 (12-16-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 10:59 AM
Basic Member
Grr has a reputation beyond reputeGrr has a reputation beyond reputeGrr has a reputation beyond reputeGrr has a reputation beyond reputeGrr has a reputation beyond reputeGrr has a reputation beyond reputeGrr has a reputation beyond reputeGrr has a reputation beyond reputeGrr has a reputation beyond reputeGrr has a reputation beyond reputeGrr has a reputation beyond repute

you made my day sir, props

The Following User Says Thank You to Grr For This Useful Post:
Ben 500RR-S (12-15-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 11:10 AM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowridermt View Post
This is so good, idk if your being real or fake. Lmfao. If you are being serious i would not go alone, you will die! Seriously.

Oh me, oh my. I'm glad it has been good, but now you have me really worried that I " . . . will die!" I do not want to die. Just like they have avalanche airbags, do they make one the size of a ramp that comes out of the airplane, you know, the one that if the plane lands in the water, like that awesome old man, Sully-what a hero!, did in the movie, that ends up as a raft, do they make one like that where if things go wrong it would go off and protect me? Sort of like an airbag for life? If there is nothing out there, I hope that there is a company that is making one, but not Takata-they are not safe, that Takata.

As I have no beneficiary(ies), but do have a like $10,000,000 life insurance policy that one of the massive online providers has taken out on me for if I go, they would not be able to access the things that come from my mind and that end up making them lots of money so, if any of you that have helped me, and I know who you are like Santa knows who the bad kids are, (Some of you have been mean, like bullies and bullying is bad) I will make you one of my beneficiaries, just in case I pass away from riding in 4th gear.

I can just imagine all of you that live in these great states of isolation, that are never in the news because no one really cares about all those states, where there are awesome places to ride and would be the perfect places for Superman to have a second vacation Fortress of Solitude, and that is why so many don't like new ideas or questions. I can understand the fear and anxiety from having to read and getting upset from what someone has asked about or posted. Like when I have to correct 973,493,331 lines of code because a computer program can't be made to interpret the code itself, it would be like having the cure to cancer and not using it. I'm working on software that might help them someday, a filter for useless posts, patent pending.

Last, for now, when you all ride, do you have the Beach Boys "Little Honda" song stuck in your heads? I do, the "First gear, its alright, second gear, I'll lean right . . . " I do, because like I said, I have not been out of third gear, just like the song. The Beach Boys never got out of third gear either so now I feel ok. Why even have more gears, doesn't that slow the bike down? Anyways, I have that song stuck in my head every time I'm riding because it prompts me to shift, what a great song.

Last edited by Ben 500RR-S; 12-15-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:03 PM
Currently: Lifetime Member
Vincenthdfan has a reputation beyond reputeVincenthdfan has a reputation beyond reputeVincenthdfan has a reputation beyond reputeVincenthdfan has a reputation beyond reputeVincenthdfan has a reputation beyond reputeVincenthdfan has a reputation beyond reputeVincenthdfan has a reputation beyond reputeVincenthdfan has a reputation beyond reputeVincenthdfan has a reputation beyond reputeVincenthdfan has a reputation beyond reputeVincenthdfan has a reputation beyond repute

Funny to see you poking fun at yourself....

Now get out there and take some pics of that freshly built up scoot in the snow and share em with us...we wanna see them (especially those of us that are still waiting for snow to build up)!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Vincenthdfan For This Useful Post:
Ben 500RR-S (12-15-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 01:41 PM
Basic Member
moonbeam1719 has a reputation beyond reputemoonbeam1719 has a reputation beyond reputemoonbeam1719 has a reputation beyond reputemoonbeam1719 has a reputation beyond reputemoonbeam1719 has a reputation beyond reputemoonbeam1719 has a reputation beyond reputemoonbeam1719 has a reputation beyond reputemoonbeam1719 has a reputation beyond reputemoonbeam1719 has a reputation beyond reputemoonbeam1719 has a reputation beyond reputemoonbeam1719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowridermt View Post

^^^^

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Old 12-15-2017, 02:06 PM
Currently: 2 x('18Camso/'08KTM300 XCW)
Basic Member
Misha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help with riding secrets as I have only the demo day last winter clocked in thus far. Soon I hope to be a wealth of riding information as I absorb the tricks of the trade, by osmosis and reading here (in your post), in the weeks and months to come.

My immediate concern is how to best angle and route the flexible hoses I am currently installing from my handle bars to the bi-pass hose for handle bar heat. Once this great challenge is surpassed I'll be onto the fast track solutions to issues you have been posting for the past few weeks.

Old 12-15-2017, 02:34 PM
Basic Member
Old 12-15-2017, 02:44 PM
Basic Member
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Basic Member
powdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-15-2017, 09:04 PM
Currently: Living life
mikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond reputemikew5945 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to mikew5945 For This Useful Post:
Vincenthdfan (12-15-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 04:00 PM
Currently: Still Modding!
Snowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-16-2017, 07:49 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Ben 500RR-S For This Useful Post:
Snowman269 (12-18-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 08:42 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 12-17-2017, 08:26 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 12-18-2017, 03:15 PM
Basic Member
powdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-18-2017, 04:49 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 12-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 12-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Currently: Still Modding!
Snowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman269 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-19-2017, 07:16 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 08-22-2018, 06:27 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register