For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: AXYS 2016 AXYS chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2016, 11:35 PM
Currently: Not set.
shattuck has a reputation beyond reputeshattuck has a reputation beyond reputeshattuck has a reputation beyond reputeshattuck has a reputation beyond reputeshattuck has a reputation beyond reputeshattuck has a reputation beyond reputeshattuck has a reputation beyond reputeshattuck has a reputation beyond reputeshattuck has a reputation beyond reputeshattuck has a reputation beyond reputeshattuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default AXYS Quick Drive Bolts

Are you guys still changing out the quick drive bolts on the AXYS? I have one without about 1,000 miles and was wondering if the bolts were still an issue.

Last edited by mountainhorse; 11-19-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-15-2016, 04:08 AM
Currently: Going Left!
Indy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I have these on my axys, but have not heard of a broken axys stock bolt yet. http://www.zollingerracingproducts.c...-upgrade-bolts

-2004 Polaris Pro X2 600

-2003 Polaris Pro X 600

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indy_500 For This Useful Post:
shattuck (11-15-2016), ZRP Engineering (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 06:31 AM
Currently: sourceinnovations.ca
Teth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond repute

Some driveshafts have good splines and others are sloppy. Here is a link to a video of my buddy's 2017. It is too sloppy for a sled with zero miles. You have to remember that the bolt must preload the gear against the bearing. As you accelerate and brake, the gear rotates on the shaft slightly under the bolt head. How many times do you think it takes for that gear to rock back and forth under the bolt head to wear away enough material before it loosens up? Once loose, the gear wobbles due to the belt load being outboard of the end of the shaft, and this works on the bolt, bending it under the head in a rotational manor until the bolt fatigues and the bolt head pops off.

This is not on all sleds. My 2014 was good, my 15 terrible, my 16 good and this 17 poor again.

If yours is bad, upgrade the bolt and use Loctite 660 on the shaft. This will make removing the gear a bitch but we run the TKI belt drives so changing belts is not a concern.

I hope the link works

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvpd4haogj...39.53.mov?dl=0

Chris

http://www.sourceinnovations.ca

We also have TKI Belt Drives, Arm Candy A-Arm Braces, Oil Tank Inserts, Reversible Scratchers, Polaris Suspension Couplers, Track Clips, Clutching and more.

Last edited by Teth-Air; 11-15-2016 at 06:37 AM.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teth-Air For This Useful Post:
jhurkot (11-22-2016), mountainhorse (08-07-2018), shattuck (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 09:22 AM
Currently: Power Clawing the Axys....
Sage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teth-Air View Post
This is not on all sleds. My 2014 was good, my 15 terrible, my 16 good and this 17 poor again.

Chris
Seems like we get the loose splines

My 14 good- 15-16 really bad./ Ordered new lower gears from Tom @ TKI and put the ARP bolts on top& Bottom.. Didn't miss a beat last year on all 3 sleds.... Annually I change out the bolt's now and chase the threads on the shafts with a tap and re-do...
Just something for a piece of mind, and pre-season activity now..
TKI.
F-N-I.
K-Mod.
2016 Axys 3" 162 P/C Track W/Silber Turbo/K-Mod Gen III/TKI

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Sage Crusher For This Useful Post:
Teth-Air (11-22-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 11:19 AM
Currently: Disappointed in the FLICKABILITY of my lawnmower.
Dirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond repute

I rode with a guy last year who broke his bottom bolt second ride on a 16' Axys. He did have a turbo. The bottom bolt broke less than a mile from the truck as we were just cruising down the trail. He was able to work the belt and pulley back into position and limp back to the trailer.

If I had the stock belt drive, I would replace the bolt, just for cheap insurance.

Or TKI, FTW!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty Steve For This Useful Post:
ZRP Engineering (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 01:13 PM
Thanked 1,113 Times in 635 Posts
SRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone installed a stud and nut instead of a bolt? Eric

Old 11-15-2016, 04:24 PM
Currently: workin for the weekend
ullose272 has a reputation beyond reputeullose272 has a reputation beyond reputeullose272 has a reputation beyond reputeullose272 has a reputation beyond reputeullose272 has a reputation beyond reputeullose272 has a reputation beyond reputeullose272 has a reputation beyond reputeullose272 has a reputation beyond reputeullose272 has a reputation beyond reputeullose272 has a reputation beyond reputeullose272 has a reputation beyond repute

I put in ARP bolts. But just because i had them

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Old 11-16-2016, 01:11 PM
Currently: sourceinnovations.ca
Teth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRXSRULE View Post
Has anyone installed a stud and nut instead of a bolt? Eric
Yes, I did this on my 2015. Actually drilled and tapped it out to a larger size first and used 2 nuts to lock in place. Also use Loctite 660. Had to drill the washer hole larger too.

http://www.sourceinnovations.ca

We also have TKI Belt Drives, Arm Candy A-Arm Braces, Oil Tank Inserts, Reversible Scratchers, Polaris Suspension Couplers, Track Clips, Clutching and more.

The Following User Says Thank You to Teth-Air For This Useful Post:
Sage Crusher (11-16-2016)
Old 11-21-2016, 07:20 AM
dexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody know the ARP bolt part number for the bottom gear on the axys?

Old 11-22-2016, 05:14 AM
Basic Member
Maxsnow has a reputation beyond reputeMaxsnow has a reputation beyond reputeMaxsnow has a reputation beyond reputeMaxsnow has a reputation beyond reputeMaxsnow has a reputation beyond reputeMaxsnow has a reputation beyond reputeMaxsnow has a reputation beyond reputeMaxsnow has a reputation beyond reputeMaxsnow has a reputation beyond reputeMaxsnow has a reputation beyond reputeMaxsnow has a reputation beyond repute

The top gear bolt and the bottom gear bolt of the quick drive strape are graded at 8.8 ... The same grade that was on the pro rmk ... I don't want to take any chances and i'm gonna change it for some 10.9 grade bolts ... Maybe those 8.8 bolts are going to stay in place and not broke but when you broke in the trail , close of the truck that not that worst but in the wood in tree ride .... Oufff i don't wanna think about it so for the price it cost... I DON'T TAKE ANY CHANCES

Old 11-22-2016, 09:04 AM
jhurkot has a reputation beyond reputejhurkot has a reputation beyond reputejhurkot has a reputation beyond reputejhurkot has a reputation beyond reputejhurkot has a reputation beyond reputejhurkot has a reputation beyond reputejhurkot has a reputation beyond reputejhurkot has a reputation beyond reputejhurkot has a reputation beyond reputejhurkot has a reputation beyond reputejhurkot has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to jhurkot For This Useful Post:
Teth-Air (11-22-2016)
Old 11-22-2016, 03:19 PM
Currently: CONTEMPLATING: "Laughter is gods hand on a troubled world.".
Thanked 9,379 Times in 4,158 Posts
mountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to mountainhorse For This Useful Post:
B&M Fabrications (11-22-2016)
Old 07-07-2018, 03:07 PM
Currently: CONTEMPLATING: "Laughter is gods hand on a troubled world.".
Thanked 9,379 Times in 4,158 Posts
mountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 07-09-2018, 11:34 AM
Sage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Sage Crusher For This Useful Post:
mountainhorse (07-10-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 05:40 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 08-06-2018, 10:04 AM
Currently: Loving my BMP 860
Thanked 1,556 Times in 915 Posts
richracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to richracer1 For This Useful Post:
Sage Crusher (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 10:09 AM
damx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond reputedamx has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 08-06-2018, 04:11 PM

Click Here to Register