For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Gen 4 For the 2017 and newer REV Gen 4 Sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 14,867 Times in 7,055 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default WANTED: What is the Best Skid Plate for the 850????

So.
After MUCH CARNAGE and BREAKAGE of multiple Chaincases I need to buy three Skid Plates!

Very Specifically need GREAT PROTECTION of the bottom of the chaincase where it is exposed beneath the boards.

Who makes the HOT TICKET in the Ski-Doo field???

Last edited by christopher; 01-03-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-03-2017, 01:58 PM
Currently: Not set.
Andystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile What is the Best Skid Plate for the 850????

Hi Chris: Same answer as previous thread: rpmcomposites.com.

Talk to Raffi, should be a two piece that covers the whole underside, used by the guys that won the Alaska Ironman last year?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andystoy For This Useful Post:
christopher (01-03-2017), sledhead_24_7 (01-03-2017)
Old 01-03-2017, 02:18 PM
Currently: IG @Motodrew
Motodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I don't know if RPM Composites has anything for the 850 available yet. That would be one pricey option to outfit 3 sleds. Skinz is supposed to be offering a skidplate, but I haven't seen it yet other than the digital renderings in their catalog. Skidoo's skidplate covers the area in which you took the hit, however I'm not sure if it's hard plastic would have prevented your damage. I do think it is the best option/value however.

The Following User Says Thank You to Motodrew For This Useful Post:
christopher (01-03-2017)
Old 01-03-2017, 02:28 PM
Wapow has a reputation beyond reputeWapow has a reputation beyond reputeWapow has a reputation beyond reputeWapow has a reputation beyond reputeWapow has a reputation beyond reputeWapow has a reputation beyond reputeWapow has a reputation beyond reputeWapow has a reputation beyond reputeWapow has a reputation beyond reputeWapow has a reputation beyond reputeWapow has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect the Doo skid plate works pretty well to protect the bottom of the chaincase (currently waiting for Grip and Rip to release it's bracing solution before I install mine), because this issue does not seem to be reported much, and the bottom of the case has been sticking down in a vulnerable spot since the T3s were first released. The chaincase is magnesium, so it's pretty soft/fragile. I'm guessing the plastic of the skid plate provides cushioning and a slicker running surface to bounce off of, which helps prevent against the type of damage you suffered. That said, if you hit rocks with these sleds, you're going to wind up with damage.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wapow For This Useful Post:
christopher (01-03-2017)
Old 01-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Currently: pow hunting on the 850
sledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond repute

The skidoo plate DOES NOT cover the chain case area nor the brake area. Stops just before those areas.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sledhead_24_7 For This Useful Post:
christopher (01-03-2017), TURBOXP09 (01-04-2017)
Old 01-03-2017, 02:34 PM
sledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_24_7 has a reputation beyond repute

Last I talked with Raffi at RPM composites he had the back half of the plate done and was almost done with the front half. Sounded like a person could bolt on the back half now then front half later.

The Following User Says Thank You to sledhead_24_7 For This Useful Post:
christopher (01-03-2017)
Old 01-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Currently: IG @Motodrew
Motodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond reputeMotodrew has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead_24_7 View Post
The skidoo plate DOES NOT cover the chain case area nor the brake area. Stops just before those areas.
Dang! You're right! I would have double checked it myself if my E-Module wasn't currently being replaced at the shop!

Old 01-03-2017, 03:28 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I need some ARMOR PLATING to protect that chaincase from any further abuse!

Old 01-03-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I need some ARMOR PLATING to protect that chaincase from any further abuse!

Have checked out RPM Composites yet?

I've had excellent results with their products over the years.

I've smoke some big rocks and stumps over the past few years. Thankfully barely even a scratch on my previous skid plates from them.

Last year in particular I hit a boulder the size of a VW Bug ( at least) in a white out. Had me some superman skills for a few seconds. I went 30 ft one way and sled landed 40 ft away they other. Barely a scratch, nothing bent, broke etc.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Currently: waiting for snow!
Basic Member
Motorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead_24_7 View Post
Have checked out RPM Composites yet?

I've had excellent results with their products over the years.

I've smoke some big rocks and stumps over the past few years. Thankfully barely even a scratch on my previous skid plates from them.

Last year in particular I hit a boulder the size of a VW Bug ( at least) in a white out. Had me some superman skills for a few seconds. I went 30 ft one way and sled landed 40 ft away they other. Barely a scratch, nothing bent, broke etc.
Yes, but there weren't any 850's around last year.
From the slight impacts I've read about, there has been some major carnage in these past few months.

I had a RPM Composites skid plate on my old Freeride. I remember it being very heavy! but great coverage. I'm not sure a skidplate is going to prevent the bulk head from cracking like that though.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:58 PM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to sledhead_24_7 For This Useful Post:
christopher (01-04-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 10:56 AM
Andystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond reputeAndystoy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andystoy For This Useful Post:
christopher (01-04-2017), sledhead_24_7 (01-04-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Currently: CONTEMPLATING: "Laughter is gods hand on a troubled world.".
Thanked 9,310 Times in 4,120 Posts
mountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountainhorse For This Useful Post:
christopher (01-04-2017), sledhead_24_7 (01-04-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 01:06 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 01-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Currently: basic
Basic Member
HeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-05-2017, 05:08 PM
Basic Member
live to ride has a reputation beyond reputelive to ride has a reputation beyond reputelive to ride has a reputation beyond reputelive to ride has a reputation beyond reputelive to ride has a reputation beyond reputelive to ride has a reputation beyond reputelive to ride has a reputation beyond reputelive to ride has a reputation beyond reputelive to ride has a reputation beyond reputelive to ride has a reputation beyond reputelive to ride has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 01-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Currently: basic
Basic Member
HeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond reputeHeavyBrewster has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 08-01-2018, 09:42 AM
Currently: Patiently waiting for my '19
Blk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 08-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register