For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Member Sled Builds A forum for building a project or mod sled.... Not just your common "Mods", but full on sled build projects.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2018, 02:07 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
dubious has a reputation beyond reputedubious has a reputation beyond reputedubious has a reputation beyond reputedubious has a reputation beyond reputedubious has a reputation beyond reputedubious has a reputation beyond reputedubious has a reputation beyond reputedubious has a reputation beyond reputedubious has a reputation beyond reputedubious has a reputation beyond reputedubious has a reputation beyond repute
Default 800 class engines- dimensions and weights? Please!

Hi Guys,
Im planning to build my own project sled this summer, I am not particular to any specific engine manufacture, as long as it is reliable, and fits my needs, 140+ hp with broad power band ideally. I have heard the M series engine is up to 25 lbs heavier than the Ptek motors but cant see that much difference being true.
Oh, EFI, definitely not DFI though. and Im not opposed to the M1000 motor either, except I could see it being 15lbs heavier and 4 inches wider than the M8.

Does anyone know the width , height and weights of the 1000 , and 800 engines of the last decade? Is there a post or link anywhere?
Thanks in advance.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-29-2018, 01:01 AM
Currently: Getting the R6 snowbike ready......
Thanked 1,401 Times in 874 Posts
Sheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubious View Post
Hi Guys,
Im planning to build my own project sled this summer, I am not particular to any specific engine manufacture, as long as it is reliable, and fits my needs, 140+ hp with broad power band ideally. I have heard the M series engine is up to 25 lbs heavier than the Ptek motors but cant see that much difference being true.
Oh, EFI, definitely not DFI though. and Im not opposed to the M1000 motor either, except I could see it being 15lbs heavier and 4 inches wider than the M8.

Does anyone know the width , height and weights of the 1000 , and 800 engines of the last decade? Is there a post or link anywhere?
Thanks in advance.
08 ptek with clutches. 100#

Old 06-20-2018, 07:58 PM
Currently: Not set.
fgauvin7 has a reputation beyond reputefgauvin7 has a reputation beyond reputefgauvin7 has a reputation beyond reputefgauvin7 has a reputation beyond reputefgauvin7 has a reputation beyond reputefgauvin7 has a reputation beyond reputefgauvin7 has a reputation beyond reputefgauvin7 has a reputation beyond reputefgauvin7 has a reputation beyond reputefgauvin7 has a reputation beyond reputefgauvin7 has a reputation beyond repute

I just wighted a 800Ho 2016 engine from a cat this winter.

Block only, no stator, no flywheel, no reeds, no intake boots, no power valve, no oil pump.... Just the block with spark plug at 59.1lbs