For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Trucks and Trailers Towing and hauling your sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2018, 07:18 AM
Currently: Not set.
GoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Truck

I was getting tired of all the cosmetic things happening to my 06 Silverado 2500 crew let lbz. It was a nice truck but starting to show its age. It had 199,000 on it. I knew I was saving for new but figured if this went through another winter it would loose a lot of resale or possibly need injectors.

Was looking at a used 2017 F150. Ended up buying a brand new Silverado crew 1500 for with in a couple thousand dollars equally equiped. They had over 11,000 in rebates plus gave me KBB retail for trade.

Why a 1/2 ton. I had to be honest with myself. I only tow maybe 5% of the time and live 8 minutes from work. My trailer is an aluminum inline and only weighs 2900. With four sleds and fuel probably still under 6000 lbs. I am a working man and refuse to pay the price of new nicely equiped diesels. Plus all the guys I ride with drive anyway because they all had newer diesels than mine. So far loving the truck I bought on the last day of April.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

randy@gobigparts.com

We Offer Skinz, Slydog, 509, WRP, SLP, Boss, True Adventures Gear, Powermadd, Sportech, VForce, Holtzman Eng, HMK, ROX and much more.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoBigParts For This Useful Post:
94fordguy (06-10-2018), christopher (06-01-2018), Pro-8250 (06-03-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 10:58 AM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 14,854 Times in 7,050 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigParts View Post

Why a 1/2 ton. I had to be honest with myself. I only tow maybe 5% of the time and live 8 minutes from work. My trailer is an aluminum inline and only weighs 2900. With four sleds and fuel probably still under 6000 lbs. I am a working man and refuse to pay the price of new nicely equiped diesels. Plus all the guys I ride with drive anyway because they all had newer diesels than mine.

Sounds like a VERY RATIONAL Choice!!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 06-01-2018, 04:21 PM
capulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond repute

Man card revoked, that's a pickup!

Did the same thing in 2013. Usually like to order built how i want from small town dealer. But just like snow checking a snowmobile, the guys getting good deals are the ones getting the leftovers with huge rebates when they aren't selling good.

So

Old 06-01-2018, 05:14 PM
GoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond reputeGoBigParts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
Man card revoked, that's a pickup!

Did the same thing in 2013. Usually like to order built how i want from small town dealer. But just like snow checking a snowmobile, the guys getting good deals are the ones getting the leftovers with huge rebates when they aren't selling good.

So
Well they happen to be selling good but GM is releasing new model by late Jan. and April was truck month so the rebates were huge. Having the 8 inch touch screen with everything on it was a nice upgrade. Built in break control also nice. I've towed with it already and it did really well. knowing it's no match for the Duramax

randy@gobigparts.com

We Offer Skinz, Slydog, 509, WRP, SLP, Boss, True Adventures Gear, Powermadd, Sportech, VForce, Holtzman Eng, HMK, ROX and much more.

Old 06-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Currently: Have fun while you can
Thanked 1,135 Times in 665 Posts
Pro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond repute

I did the same thing last August.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pro-8250 For This Useful Post:
GoBigParts (06-04-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 02:53 PM
Currently: Back in the game!
Dogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 17' 1500 with the 5.3L for a work truck, and its infinatley better than my old 2000 1500 with the 5.3L was .... I wouldn't hesitate to pull a 4 place with it at all.

Contrary to popular belief, you don't need a diesel to tow 80% of all trailers with.

If you're over 8,000-lbs and tow that on a regular basis, yeah, get the diesel, if you're under that don't waste the money IMO

The Chevys ride so damned nice too

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 06-04-2018, 06:08 AM
Currently: The person Elky looks up too.
Thanked 3,823 Times in 2,147 Posts
NorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond repute

Nice truck man!!

I kind of did the same thing on the last truck I bought. Went with the 2500 Gasser instead of the diesel. I work 9 miles from home and usually the heaviest thing I tow in our camper at 5,000 lbs. Only reason I really went for the 2500 was to get the higher payload for the sled deck and hauling pallets of wood pellets to the cabin. But 80% of the time a 1500 would work just fine. I do miss the 1500 ride!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorthMNSledder For This Useful Post:
GoBigParts (06-05-2018), Pro-8250 (06-06-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 05:28 AM
Basic Member
apex 9420t has a reputation beyond reputeapex 9420t has a reputation beyond reputeapex 9420t has a reputation beyond reputeapex 9420t has a reputation beyond reputeapex 9420t has a reputation beyond reputeapex 9420t has a reputation beyond reputeapex 9420t has a reputation beyond reputeapex 9420t has a reputation beyond reputeapex 9420t has a reputation beyond reputeapex 9420t has a reputation beyond reputeapex 9420t has a reputation beyond repute

Chevys and dodges are fine for going down freeway, but for a work truck nothing beats a ford they just last so much longer. And now that the 6.7 stroker is a much stronger motor than duramax no,question on what my business buys

Old 06-07-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex 9420t View Post
Chevys and dodges are fine for going down freeway, but for a work truck nothing beats a ford they just last so much longer. And now that the 6.7 stroker is a much stronger motor than duramax no,question on what my business buys
I have had a lot of Chevy's and I'll be fine.

randy@gobigparts.com

Old 06-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Reg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond repute
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reg2view For This Useful Post:
CATDIESELPOWER (06-11-2018), GoBigParts (06-08-2018), hamlin (06-14-2018), M8Chris (06-24-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 12:25 AM
CATDIESELPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeCATDIESELPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeCATDIESELPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeCATDIESELPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeCATDIESELPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeCATDIESELPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeCATDIESELPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeCATDIESELPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeCATDIESELPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeCATDIESELPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeCATDIESELPOWER has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 06-11-2018, 04:29 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 06-11-2018, 07:10 PM
Currently: Alpha Hawk!
summ8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to summ8rmk For This Useful Post:
GoBigParts (06-20-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 04:48 AM
Currently: and here we have a monkey with 4 asses
Thanked 3,206 Times in 1,575 Posts
Mafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Mafesto For This Useful Post:
GoBigParts (06-20-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 09:13 PM
Currently: Have fun while you can
Thanked 1,135 Times in 665 Posts
Pro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-16-2018, 01:47 AM
capulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond reputecapulin overdrive has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-20-2018, 05:22 AM

Click Here to Register