For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-Current, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2018, 03:18 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
rsamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Opinions on 2008 m1000

Needing to replace my old reliable 2002 700 RMK but not looking to break the bank.

Looking at a 2008 M1000 153" with 2700 miles. Basically stock except BDX Diamond Lite Drive and Simmons Flex skis. Says it was rebuilt at 2000 miles with an upgraded crank.

Opinions on reliability and such.

I'm not a huge performance guy...just look to get out and have fun. Wife rides a 2000 RMK700 and we still have fun with the guys on their super high end sleds.

Rob

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 06-05-2018, 04:53 PM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

skip the m1 and just pick up a 07 to 11 m8 and even better a 10-11 if you can.
the m1 is a great sled but you will have more fun on the m8

The Following User Says Thank You to kiliki For This Useful Post:
Hardass (07-05-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 07:43 AM
Basic Member
Mike from langley has a reputation beyond reputeMike from langley has a reputation beyond reputeMike from langley has a reputation beyond reputeMike from langley has a reputation beyond reputeMike from langley has a reputation beyond reputeMike from langley has a reputation beyond reputeMike from langley has a reputation beyond reputeMike from langley has a reputation beyond reputeMike from langley has a reputation beyond reputeMike from langley has a reputation beyond reputeMike from langley has a reputation beyond repute
Default M1000

Rode mine for 5 years. New pistons at 2500 just because I thought I should. Everything looked new. Needed clutches at the same time. Brand new sled after that. Full SLP and head, they rip with crazy track speed.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:15 AM
sno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond repute

get a 3" under it for deep mountains and you will be happy for a few more years. i believe the side paddles have to be trimmed a hair to clear. At least get a 2.5" to harness the power. If youre gonna ride it with the 2.25", id just rebuild your 700 and get a 2.4 under it and have fun.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:13 PM
Currently: Keyboard highmarking at its best.
jim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond repute

M1 is great, but will tire you out more to ride the same places as a M8...and won't get you much more performance. They are also tougher to dial with clutch heat challenges. And some can vibrate a lot. I had an 07 through about 2012. Good sled, had some issues with clutches and a crank.

I'd aim for a M8 from 2009 up. Smoother operation, great power, not as much clutch heat and much less tiring to ride and drive around. Also way more common so the parts are cheaper and available more easily. At 2k miles, you will want to consider a new primary and pistons. I have an 09 turbo M8. Great sled. No regrets. Very reliable.

The Following User Says Thank You to jim For This Useful Post:
Hardass (07-05-2018)