For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2018, 02:01 PM
Currently: Not set.
Yaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond repute
Default not liking my 18

Came off a 17 axys with raptor shocks and stock motor, but had a turbo for the last few rides. took a few rides to come to the realization that a turbo is a waste of money imo. Before that was a pro ride chassis for a few years.

Now the 18 m8000 SE with the coil shocks, and 2.6 track. Only got to ride it this last weekend in 20 inches of fresh. First half day was fresh dry pow, then turned to wetter heavy snow then to concrete.

So I am struggling liking this sled and feel like the little things can be fixed but right now I can not stand it. The running board width, seriously I have size 13 boots and this feels ridiculous, the seat even bows my legs out making my knees hurt to keep my feet on boards.

How do people ride without a sway bar? I don't know if this was it, but felt really hard to side hill. The sled always wanted to trench, can't imagine the 2.6 is that bad of a track.

I honestly don't even know what all my gripes are but I just wasn't having it. Was wishing I kept my axys all day.

Anything I can do to enhance this thing. Under $1000 total. My whole point of buying this used one was to sell my $18k turbod sled for a under $8k reliable sled since I only get out a few trips a year now.

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Yaeger34 For This Useful Post:
Snowmow (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 03:00 PM
Currently: Alpha Hawk!
Thanked 1,119 Times in 545 Posts
summ8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond repute

I rode a 17pro and 18cat same day, swapping back and forth most of the day.
The cat was better in every condition, especially sidehilling.

Maybe the SE package sucks?
Never rode one.

Shock adjustments can make or break the way a sled handles.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Currently: Danger Zone
hobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond repute

SELL IT ASAP!!! You should be on an axys for sure...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to hobbes For This Useful Post:
duggrant (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 03:14 PM
Currently: Shoveling snow! :D
Basic Member
Motorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond repute

Did you play with the suspension at all? Or just ride it as it is? You have a fair bit of adjustability there.. you can drastically change for the worse and better how the sled reacts and handles. I'd say read up and make small adjustments. Never two at the same time.

Old 05-07-2018, 04:52 PM
Currently: Fighting Winter Wildlands with everything I've got
kidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond repute

1. Cut the single fingers off the 2.6 track so that it emulates the layout of the 3"
I ride in mank all the time being on the west coast and the more open design works better

2. Send your front coils to andy at gas shock repair (gasshockrepair.com)
I have a 2016 with evols and prefer the revalved coils. I even bought the very shocks you have from arctic cat. They're just fox zero pros. His revalves are cheap.

3. Put an air shock on the rear track shock. These rears are designed for air and all the ramp up that comes with them.

Like you, I do prefer the polaris seats. But at 5'8" I don't feel the stock seat is that big of a deal.

That said, I'll probably end up with one of the low profile seats from boss at some point. Those things look awesome.

Don't know what to tell you on the running boards. I hate the stock ones too but not because they're too narrow. Buying some aftermarket tube style boards would at least give you enough traction that you probably won't care anymore, just standing on the outside.

Your loud can sounds stupid

The Following User Says Thank You to kidwoo For This Useful Post:
Snowmow (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 07:04 PM
sno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond repute

better skis make these much more enjoyable to ride. you might be missing th feel of the pro taper bars too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sno*jet For This Useful Post:
007pilon (05-11-2018), summ8rmk (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Thanked 6,621 Times in 4,259 Posts
Snowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaeger34 View Post
Came off a 17 axys with raptor shocks and stock motor, but had a turbo for the last few rides. took a few rides to come to the realization that a turbo is a waste of money imo. Before that was a pro ride chassis for a few years.

Now the 18 m8000 SE with the coil shocks, and 2.6 track. Only got to ride it this last weekend in 20 inches of fresh. First half day was fresh dry pow, then turned to wetter heavy snow then to concrete.

So I am struggling liking this sled and feel like the little things can be fixed but right now I can not stand it. The running board width, seriously I have size 13 boots and this feels ridiculous, the seat even bows my legs out making my knees hurt to keep my feet on boards.

How do people ride without a sway bar? I don't know if this was it, but felt really hard to side hill. The sled always wanted to trench, can't imagine the 2.6 is that bad of a track.

I honestly don't even know what all my gripes are but I just wasn't having it. Was wishing I kept my axys all day.

Anything I can do to enhance this thing. Under $1000 total. My whole point of buying this used one was to sell my $18k turbod sled for a under $8k reliable sled since I only get out a few trips a year now.

Fawk the green bleeders!! And thank you for a honest post. Too many guys just follow the hype and pray and dream the sled is as good as OTHERS SAY It is. Then when it falls short, they just sink more money into it with skis and boards and pipes and cans and bla bla bla. We need more reviews like yours. I’m not saying for one second that the 18 cat is junk. But this review is priceless to a guy on a axys that’s thinking of a cat. Everything you mentioned, everyone notices. If they don’t, they’re not riding much of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno*jet View Post
better skis make these much more enjoyable to ride. you might be missing th feel of the pro taper bars too.
. Is it just pride holding them back from copying a gripper or powder pro!? Seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
1. Cut the single fingers off the 2.6 track so that it emulates the layout of the 3"
I ride in mank all the time being on the west coast and the more open design works better

2. Send your front coils to andy at gas shock repair (gasshockrepair.com)
I have a 2016 with evols and prefer the revalved coils. I even bought the very shocks you have from arctic cat. They're just fox zero pros. His revalves are cheap.

3. Put an air shock on the rear track shock. These rears are designed for air and all the ramp up that comes with them.

Like you, I do prefer the polaris seats. But at 5'8" I don't feel the stock seat is that big of a deal.

That said, I'll probably end up with one of the low profile seats from boss at some point. Those things look awesome.

Don't know what to tell you on the running boards. I hate the stock ones too but not because they're too narrow. Buying some aftermarket tube style boards would at least give you enough traction that you probably won't care anymore, just standing on the outside.

^^^ he knows what he’s talking about. Andy’s revalve will help a lot! And he has great prices.

Cat has a pretty strong tunnel and I like that. Just try and find a lo pro seat that you like the feel of.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-07-2018, 08:24 PM
sno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmow View Post

. Is it just pride holding them back from copying a gripper or powder pro!? Seriously!

my guess is overstock of the cappy "new" 16 skis. i think they took note of the gripper more for '19 in the keel but i still hate the wide tip design.
and green bleeders for a reason, set it up right and beat on it for a season and report back.

The Following User Says Thank You to sno*jet For This Useful Post:
knifedge (05-10-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Currently: Braaaaap
Vertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

It's hard to really get a feel for any sled after one day of riding and not setting up the suspension. I think all the new sleds are awesome, but they all take time to get used to.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
The ultimate Stock Bore M8000 PC: Full Jaws Set up - Reaper Hood - Custom Cold Air Intake - BD Fuel Control - Arctic Edge Clutching - Arctic Edge Tuning-TKI Belt Drive W/ oil delete - Gripper Skis - 3" C3 post forward kit, PHC 7 deg. bars '16 front end.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vertical-Extreme For This Useful Post:
hobbes (05-07-2018), Matte Murder (05-09-2018), sno*jet (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 09:08 PM
kidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno*jet View Post
Oh god yes.

that

It's such a given in my mind I honestly didn't even think of it. Definitely that.

I think they honestly tried to copy the grippers. The ones that came on my 16 are almost an identical shape. They screwed up the keel, the flex and some other things though. I don't think they really went out and tried to figure out what makes the grippers good. There's only so much you can do in minnesota with occasional trips to the usual tourist spots in WY for a mountain ski.

Your loud can sounds stupid

Last edited by kidwoo; 05-07-2018 at 09:19 PM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidwoo For This Useful Post:
sno*jet (05-07-2018), Snowmow (05-07-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 06:44 AM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 05-08-2018, 07:26 AM
Yaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Thanked 1,466 Times in 608 Posts
madmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Currently: Trolling P-Hub
Basic Member
Fish10782 has a reputation beyond reputeFish10782 has a reputation beyond reputeFish10782 has a reputation beyond reputeFish10782 has a reputation beyond reputeFish10782 has a reputation beyond reputeFish10782 has a reputation beyond reputeFish10782 has a reputation beyond reputeFish10782 has a reputation beyond reputeFish10782 has a reputation beyond reputeFish10782 has a reputation beyond reputeFish10782 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Fish10782 For This Useful Post:
Matte Murder (05-09-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 01:34 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 05-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Chewy22 has a reputation beyond reputeChewy22 has a reputation beyond reputeChewy22 has a reputation beyond reputeChewy22 has a reputation beyond reputeChewy22 has a reputation beyond reputeChewy22 has a reputation beyond reputeChewy22 has a reputation beyond reputeChewy22 has a reputation beyond reputeChewy22 has a reputation beyond reputeChewy22 has a reputation beyond reputeChewy22 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-08-2018, 03:05 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 05-08-2018, 05:02 PM
goridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goridedoo For This Useful Post:
kanedog (05-18-2018), Snowmow (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Currently: is it winter yet?
Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,409 Posts
Wheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Clutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-08-2018, 09:33 PM
Currently: KEEP AN EYE OPEN WHILE YOU SLEEP
KMMAC has a reputation beyond reputeKMMAC has a reputation beyond reputeKMMAC has a reputation beyond reputeKMMAC has a reputation beyond reputeKMMAC has a reputation beyond reputeKMMAC has a reputation beyond reputeKMMAC has a reputation beyond reputeKMMAC has a reputation beyond reputeKMMAC has a reputation beyond reputeKMMAC has a reputation beyond reputeKMMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-09-2018, 05:40 AM
Basic Member
Big10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond reputeBig10inch has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-09-2018, 06:49 AM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Yaeger34 For This Useful Post:
bigrig (05-09-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 09:47 AM
knifedge has a reputation beyond reputeknifedge has a reputation beyond reputeknifedge has a reputation beyond reputeknifedge has a reputation beyond reputeknifedge has a reputation beyond reputeknifedge has a reputation beyond reputeknifedge has a reputation beyond reputeknifedge has a reputation beyond reputeknifedge has a reputation beyond reputeknifedge has a reputation beyond reputeknifedge has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register