For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-Current, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2018, 09:15 PM
Currently: titanium plate tester
skidooboy has a reputation beyond reputeskidooboy has a reputation beyond reputeskidooboy has a reputation beyond reputeskidooboy has a reputation beyond reputeskidooboy has a reputation beyond reputeskidooboy has a reputation beyond reputeskidooboy has a reputation beyond reputeskidooboy has a reputation beyond reputeskidooboy has a reputation beyond reputeskidooboy has a reputation beyond reputeskidooboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default oil reservoir change

we have 2 2009 m8 (non ho motors), both suffered from the egging of the filler cap. swapped both to rk tek's cap, and danos insert. the wifes sled melted the gauge/sender area so bad, the sender wont fit back in. had heat tape, and pipe wrap around the sender to prevent this, and it still melted (albeit 9 years of riding). it definitely needs a new tank now.

I did the searches but, came up empty. how hard is it to swap the tanks for a new one?

with the updated 2010-11 hood, shields, covers, sender, and tank... can you upgrade the 2008-09 to the newer 10-11 stuff?

seems the 10-11 tank, sender is cheaper than the older model. wondering if the sender harness from the 09 would plug into the 10-11 sender?

was planning on more heat tape, and the shield on the hood that comes on the 10-11 m's.

help is appreciated. if someone has a link to a install video, I would be grateful. Ski

waiting for annual thanksgiving trip

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-26-2018, 07:25 PM
Currently: Not set.
Coldfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Country Cat, I believe, has some service manuals you can download and they might explain what’s involved.

When I changed from oem can to slp, the underhood temps really went down as evidenced by the lack of heat coming out of the vent holes I drilled above the speedo. Used to do a great job defogging goggles and warming them up and now it still works but not nearly as well. 2010 m8.

Also, I tried the oil tank neck insert and didnt like the limited amount of threads to screw the cap onto. Unless I was very careful, the cap would deform and jump threads. I wanted something to keep the cap round so i placed a wrap of duct tape around the cap and then placed a hose clamp around the cap and took the insert out. Works perfect! I have not measured it, but if a piece of pvc pipe or something like that would fit snugly over cap, that would be even better.

Last edited by Coldfinger; 04-26-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No