Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: Pro-Ride 2010 and up, all models in the Pro-Ride chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2018, 03:55 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Packer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 14 Pro 800 motor removal and install

I took the motor out of my sled to do a little tunnel repair and putting the motor back in I have 2 questions:

1. Do I need to do anything to make sure oil flow is happening? I didn't disassemble the motor or anything I just unhooked the oil line off the oil bottle.

2. Any tricks to making sure all the air is out of the coolant system? I opened up the bleeder screw on the top of the motor until coolant came out, but want to make sure.

Thanks in advance!

Packer

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-23-2018, 09:52 PM
Currently: Last ride of the season 5/25/18...
sledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond repute
This is what I typically do (Dragon, should apply to Pro as well):
- Premix your first tank of fuel at 50:1 for safety.
- Assuming you plugged the oil line, let oil run out of the line until bubbles are gone, and then hook it up to the oil pump. Recommend replacing your oil line filter while you are in there.
- I believe the Pro pump has an oil bleed screw (CFI-4 motor did), open it up until no more bubbles come out
- Cooling system - elevate the front of the sled, start it and heat cycle it several times and bleed out the air each time, at least warm it up enough to open the thermostat to start circulation.

Rate this post: Yes | No