For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2018, 08:23 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
galljr13 has a reputation beyond reputegalljr13 has a reputation beyond reputegalljr13 has a reputation beyond reputegalljr13 has a reputation beyond reputegalljr13 has a reputation beyond reputegalljr13 has a reputation beyond reputegalljr13 has a reputation beyond reputegalljr13 has a reputation beyond reputegalljr13 has a reputation beyond reputegalljr13 has a reputation beyond reputegalljr13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tired of Sloppy Steering

Is there a good fix for this? I have replaced the piece at the bottom of the steering shaft every year I have owned this sled (3x). Last part I put in was supposed to be a new HD version. Feels like I have 45 degrees of play now after my last ride. About 600 miles on new part.

Please tell me someone has some out with a solution!?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-10-2018, 03:20 PM
Currently: Not set.
eldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, no matter how tight it is at the start of the year, by the end it always seems to be loose.

I have found that the lower nut on the steering shaft can back off, that gives a lot of slop and over time can put more torque on the bracket and crack it.

Other than that, the upper bushings seem to wear very fast, these guys sell upgraded ones. http://www.canadasledparts.com/produ...ring-bushings/

If you have the adjustable post it wears internally, replace it with a fixed post.

Finally, there seems to be a bit of slop in every Heim joint, and since there are a lot of them that’s introduces play as well. I think I am more going to look into whether I can find some better quality fittings to replace the stock ones.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to eldereldo For This Useful Post:
slomo (04-10-2018)