• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 polaris with silber runs rough in am.

R

rockin rmk

Oct 27, 2002
Great Falls MT
When I start and let my sled warm up in the morning it seems to run rough like the plugs are fouled. engine doesn't sound normal either. once I get going it clears up and runs great the rest of the day. Would this be caused because coolant is not ran thru the throttle bodies anymore maybe they are icing up. Or could it be the mapping in ecu. blows out a lot of smoke also the first couple of times when I get on the gas.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
How many miles on the sled? Have you tried a new set of plugs?

I worked on one that did this and installed the arctic Cat BR9EYA plugs and fixed the issue. Worked well for about 400 miles when it happened again and upon engine tear down found the piston rings were wasted.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
plugs are always a good start but they do have a tendency to load a bit in the morning do to the cold engine temps and long idle period to get them warm. if that's all the problem you have all day I would chalk it up to being boosted {mapping} on warm up.... if I remember right silber mentions that it might load on idle and says to just ride it out... ben a wile since I watched the vid. so don't quote me on that :D

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Some of my clients Silber turbo sleds showed these signs of cold idle treats as yours.( loading up)
We started using the tether cord and had it pinched between the throttle block flipper opening- to help with the cold first idle... until I adjusted the TPS.
After adjusting it ( all sleds) -all cold idle issues went away- and never have come back in the past 2 years- NO more having to use the tether.. but it will work in a "pinch"- ( sorry for the pun) if you don't have the time to adjust, but that took care of ours..

R

rockin rmk

Oct 27, 2002
Great Falls MT
How many miles on the sled? Have you tried a new set of plugs?

I worked on one that did this and installed the arctic Cat BR9EYA plugs and fixed the issue. Worked well for about 400 miles when it happened again and upon engine tear down found the piston rings were wasted.

Only 340 miles on sled. I have the ngk br9es plugs gapped at 18 thousandths

R

rockin rmk

Oct 27, 2002
Great Falls MT
Some of my clients Silber turbo sleds showed these signs of cold idle treats as yours.( loading up)
We started using the tether cord and had it pinched between the throttle block flipper opening- to help with the cold first idle... until I adjusted the TPS.
After adjusting it ( all sleds) -all cold idle issues went away- and never have come back in the past 2 years- NO more having to use the tether.. but it will work in a "pinch"- ( sorry for the pun) if you don't have the time to adjust, but that took care of ours..

I will check the TPS I made a tool for my dragon I think it should work for this sled also.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Only 340 miles on sled. I have the ngk br9es plugs gapped at 18 thousandths

BR9ES or BPR9ES?

If you are not running at least the BPR9ES (which is the stock plug) then you need to change immediately.

Better runnability, more crisp with the BR9EYA (Arctic Cat plug) and less plug fouling, when the ring wear in these 800 HO's begins to allow oil past the rings.

R

rockin rmk

Oct 27, 2002
Great Falls MT
BR9ES or BPR9ES?

If you are not running at least the BPR9ES (which is the stock plug) then you need to change immediately.

Better runnability, more crisp with the BR9EYA (Arctic Cat plug) and less plug fouling, when the ring wear in these 800 HO's begins to allow oil past the rings.

Have the BPR9ES. Will try to find the other plugs and try them..

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Anyone have the TPS specs?

This is where mine runs the best- with a idle of 1600 cold. Others I have set didn't like it but were slightly higher but not above .700 on the base.
This is at my shop @ 6900'. unloading at our parking lot is 7700' and idle is still the same..

Hope this helps ya out...

Base .691
Idle .947
WOT 4.18

Last edited:

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
16 axys pro rmk 163 silber @ 7lbs. I had my sled start one morning and as it was idling it quit running. It did sit outside that night, and it was in the mid to high 30s, and VERY foggy that morning. So I'm assuming high humidity. I never did get it running that morning. We loaded it onto the trailer and headed out west. Later that night I held the throttle wide OPEN and I've been told this only allows it to spark and shuts off the fuel while you're pulling it over. This worked after a few pulls doing that. I then pulled it like normal and it started up and ran great the next 4 days of the the trip.

I have been running it in Ethanol mode. I've heard others say to try running in non Ethanol mode. As a few times I've experienced bogging. But only after the engine is warmed up and I've been riding. I stop and then start out and take off and the engine temp may say 113. It its up to 120-123 it seems like it runs normal.

Just giving my experiences.

Premium Features