For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-Current, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2018, 02:35 PM
Currently: Waiting for snow
01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute
Default 3" Track Will it Fit?

I have a 2007 M1000, will a 3" Challenger fit without changing drivers?
If not what's the biggest 162 Track I can fit?
Thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-24-2018, 06:07 PM
Currently: Restoring my old race sleds....
Reeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Yes it fits. Yes it's tight. Yes you will question your decision to do it. Rest assured, it fits, and it's awesome once you get it on the snow.
'94 ZR 700 twin turbo mach z triple with a holly double
pumper and belt drive.......on NAWWWZ!!!
Together We Ride T+D 12-24-07

Old 03-24-2018, 07:07 PM
01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute01ZRTCAT has a reputation beyond repute

Would the 2.5 be a better choice?
Is the 3" that much better? Only have seat time on a 2"

Old 03-24-2018, 08:54 PM
Currently: Restoring my old race sleds....
Reeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01ZRTCAT View Post
Would the 2.5 be a better choice?

Is the 3" that much better? Only have seat time on a 2"

Totally depends.
I love the 2.5” for its versatility as a great all around Mtn track. It has lots of traction but doesn’t lose the fun factor of being able to spin when needed(around a tree well or in a tight circle)

The 3” is a traction monster. Which is a blessing and a curse sometimes. It moves snow like no other. But with that being said, it takes longer to learn how to manipulate the sled while on its side. You hit the fun flipper, and the sled wants to go straight. You have to be on your toes until you learn how the sled reacts.

I have a 3” on my Cutler 1000cc and M8T and they’re Monsters. Hard to control unless you are pointed where you wanna go. I wouldn’t change them though. It’s a game changer for when I wanna go climb with the boys.

I run 2.5” on my “closer to stock” sleds that I ride more often. Might not climb as high, but the fun factor is different. You can slide and spin, basically “play” easier than you would with the 3”.

So in reality it depends on what you want your sled to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'94 ZR 700 twin turbo mach z triple with a holly double
pumper and belt drive.......on NAWWWZ!!!
Together We Ride T+D 12-24-07

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-24-2018, 09:46 PM
Currently: Falling off in the Powder
Basic Member
MountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

X2^ 3 Sleds all Zuke 800HO; 2.25PC x141, great in fall & spring mountain snow, actually surprising in the deep powder; 2.6PCx153 PC, my favorite all-around track, great traction, can still spin it around, but need skis with extra keel for the tracks push; 3.0 PC x153, super traction in combination with a QSL RTS, but as stated above it has gotten me in trouble especially at crawling speeds in mixed snow conditions, like climbing in powder & encountering hard drifts on off-camber turns, the 3" (especially your torque driver 1000 with front-end weight) wants to send me straight!

Old 03-24-2018, 09:49 PM
Currently: Not set.
sno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond repute

Reeb nailed it. its my belief that this is why a lot of polaris riders prefer the 2.6 over the 3. and the 2.4 before that. easier to change directions and hold balance on a sidehill when your motor is spooled up. takes a while to learn to "tractor" around on the 3. basically more wrong foot forward and walking it along with less track spin. once you learn it tho, man the 3" is worth it on the big climbs! less fun factor following your polaris buddies in the trees, but gets it done, tradeoff totally worth it on the steep lines

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to sno*jet For This Useful Post:
Scott (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 11:03 PM
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Thanked 7,828 Times in 4,522 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I disagree a little bit with Reeb.

On my 2013 Pro, I like the X3 WAY better than the 2.4.
Agreed on the traction monster, though.
However, narrow spindles and a slightly loose limiter... It is wicked nimble right when I want it to be.

It was easy to learn how not to over throttle it.

Man, it's fun!

OEM parts from Free Agent

Ambassador

Honestly, Honey!!! The shop paid for these mods. They sponsor me now. Really!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-24-2018, 11:32 PM
Currently: '14 m8 SP 153-hyvos, dmnd-s, anti-stb,
Vern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

2.6" powerclaw is an easy swap and a major upgrade from the stock challenger of that era

Old 03-25-2018, 05:20 AM

I had read of the traction, and harder to steer issues, I don't see them as bad, but...
This sled will see Maine and Canada Mtns Tree riding, so it seems the Challenger 2.5 or PC 2.6 is the best choice for me.

Any other M1000 upgrades, I have missed?

Old 03-25-2018, 07:23 AM
Currently: Falling off in the Powder
Basic Member
MountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond reputeMountainCat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Old 03-25-2018, 07:31 AM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register