• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 900 turbo ?!?!?!?

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
My prediction:

More power. No big change to the look of the sled.

Possibility of a partnership with a turbo mfg for dealer add-on sales.

Maybe FOX active suspension option.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I think they will offer a special Snowcheck Model only.... call it Pro RMK-X?

Will have a few upgrades ,BNG and lighten up to just under 400#

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
The point on the 800 being problematic too is fair enough. From what I've heard (dangerous words, I know), the dragon 800s were just as bad as the 900. The old big block 800 had issues too. I guess the 800 was just too big a seller to kill; imagine where Polaris would be if they could just make a bulletproof 800! An 850 or something along those lines wouldn't surprise me, maybe just an outside chance of a 4-stroke (I would put money on that making an appearance in the next five years, FWIW). Anyway, at this point I'm almost more interested in finding out who had the inside line–or lucky guess–than the sled itself!

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
My local Polaris dealer seems to be pretty high on factory turbo. "Something big is coming" is what the word is, but who knows.

That is very often "the word", but very rarely "the truth".........

A two stroke factory turbo will never ever be released from anyone. Imagine having to warranty a 2 stroke turbo sled for two years regardless of mileage, (which is more or less mandatory by law on this side of the pond at least)..... I would not dare to do that!
How many boosted twostrokes do you know of that has gone 15000 miles without engine work? And that is not an outrageous mileage in two years, I rode my Freeride close to 10k and I'm far from extreme.

Getting them to pass sound and emission requirements will be a tough job to....

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
That is very often "the word", but very rarely "the truth".........

A two stroke factory turbo will never ever be released from anyone. Imagine having to warranty a 2 stroke turbo sled for two years regardless of mileage, (which is more or less mandatory by law on this side of the pond at least)..... I would not dare to do that!
How many boosted twostrokes do you know of that has gone 15000 miles without engine work? And that is not an outrageous mileage in two years, I rode my Freeride close to 10k and I'm far from extreme.

Getting them to pass sound and emission requirements will be a tough job to....
I don't know about other people but my 15' 800 didn't go more than 1500 without engine repairs ( top end around 500 miles). I've heard the 16'-18' 800 HO is better but have no first hand experience with one. If it is a turbo I hope the maintenance is on par with the current 800. Personally I'm kinda hoping for an 850ish motor in the Axys chassis because it most likely will still be affordable for the common consumer. Don't get me wrong turbo would be F'N SWEET but I for one can't justify a $20K+ sled. 10 more days and we'll know!!! BRAAAAAAAAP

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
No 900 turbo, there putting out a 860 with 37” ski stance and same chasis, I saw it with my own eyes.

Same info I heard from a guy who supposedly rode it. I'd say there's a very good chance that THIS is what's coming.

I don't put a lot of stock in guys bragging about what they did or didn't do but this appears to be the most consistent rumor, an 850/860 motor that is supposedly stronger than the Doo motor, a narrower front end OPTION, and other minor tweaks to the chassis. The current 800 Axys will also still be available.

Last edited:

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
I just chuckle. Everyone thats afraid of the old 900, wasn't it 866cc if my memory serves me right?? Thats not that far away from the 850 everyone is longing for. lol

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I've talked to a guys who's friend with a dealer who has rode the new sleds. He said good that something big is coming and the 850's will be forgotten pretty soon!
One thing is for sure is that they should make bigger engines. Not sure how US market is. But here in Norway engine size sells over chassis.
BRP is huge in Norway because of Lynx and Ski-doo. And people buy them because they have the bigger engine. BRP also are a lightyear in front of the competitions when it comes to factory options for seat, windshields, bags and so on.

Polaris and other brands need to see that and give us more of that. I use about a hour to make my SKS into a family sled while a friend of mine use 15 minutes because of the LinQ system

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
maybe this is the year they beef up the chassis and put a real track under it:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-win

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I personally can't wait for March 6, 6:00pm
My current chassis is in its 6th season (2013 Pro RMK). I'm due for a new buggy.

Polaris usually goes 5 years before a new chassis is released.
The math says this isn't the year for a new chassis.
When it's not a new chassis year, Polaris usually has really good refinements, snowcheck options and incentives to purchase their product.

I expect this year to be no different.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I personally can't wait for March 6, 6:00pm
My current chassis is in its 6th season (2013 Pro RMK). I'm due for a new buggy.

Polaris usually goes 5 years before a new chassis is released.
The math says this isn't the year for a new chassis.
When it's not a new chassis year, Polaris usually has really good refinements, snowcheck options and incentives to purchase their product.

I expect this year to be no different.

Crystal ball says there is a new cat and lime green NMFH in your future. :face-icon-small-sho

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I don't know about other people but my 15' 800 didn't go more than 1500 without engine repairs ( top end around 500 miles). I've heard the 16'-18' 800 HO is better but have no first hand experience with one. If it is a turbo I hope the maintenance is on par with the current 800. Personally I'm kinda hoping for an 850ish motor in the Axys chassis because it most likely will still be affordable for the common consumer. Don't get me wrong turbo would be F'N SWEET but I for one can't justify a $20K+ sled. 10 more days and we'll know!!! BRAAAAAAAAP

for every person with engine problem there is someone without problems
my 15 went to the garage for the first time last week for VR and EGT....that's it, never opened the engine
4800km

O
Feb 23, 2018
Spaarky it's Ov3rthetop forgot my password lol. Nope 100% factory two stroke turbo. Snowcheck only option. Slight chassis upgrades and a 155 pro at or lower than 400lbs dry.

Premium Features