For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: TURBO Turbo discussion for Ski-Doo aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2018, 03:31 PM
Currently: EVOLVING
Turbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond repute
Default ETEC AE Fueling

So I have a couple theories that I have held on to since Silber came out with the etec kit years back for the 800. ! was that he touted that he had a way to pull fuel from the etec. This was being done through the dobeck box with what he called a voltage clamp. It was supposed to limit somehow the TPS voltage. Long story short is that it was fussy and didn't work without a dealer connection to reset the TPS then even still many didn't get it to work. The next year it was gone from his control box.

So I took this knowledge and asked the EE's at work about building me a adjustable voltage clamp. I explained what I desired and they told me they wouldn't call what I wanted a voltage clamp.

So they built me what I would call a smoother circuit. It takes the signal from the TPS and transforms it during throttle stabs from what looks like a cliff on the scope to a rolling hill with the same elevation.

I have yet to try this as I hate trying to work with the dealer to set things like the TPS just to try it. Since I didn't buy my sled from the dealer I don't feel they owe me much.

So attached is what the scope looked like. Imagine that this is a very short time. So what I believe it will do is fool the computer into thinking the throttle is being opened slower. If the throttle is actually being opened slower the line will run 1:1 with actual position. It is only on throttle chopping open that it will "lag" the signal to the EMM.

On closing the throttle it is also 1:1 no matter the speed of the chop.

Anyone ever dream of this or try this? Right now it is adjustable with a pot switch but I would likely set it at an give resistance once the sweet spot was found. A couple things I am not sure of is what the ECU does with the TPS information and if it would affect timing to much or even throw the ecu into a fault do to throttle position being off from the increase of rpms. My assumption is that the change I am planning to make is small enough it wouldn't fault. But would lower the acceleration Enrichment.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180116_141026.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	291571  

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-16-2018, 06:30 PM
Turbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond repute

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...pstoq0f1zy.jpg

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-17-2018, 12:10 PM
Currently: is it winter yet?
Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,370 Posts
Wheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute

I like where you are headed. I was working at dobeck at the time and rode the TPS clamped turbo etec sleds and it worked really well. The function of it was basically when the TPS exceeded a certain rate of change(throttle stab) it limited the output voltage then faded out. It had a little more logic to it then what you are describing but should work REALLY similar.

Some of the best running etec stuff I ever rode (still had goofy powervalve issues, but overall worked well)

Old 01-17-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel House Motorsports View Post
I like where you are headed. I was working at dobeck at the time and rode the TPS clamped turbo etec sleds and it worked really well. The function of it was basically when the TPS exceeded a certain rate of change(throttle stab) it limited the output voltage then faded out. It had a little more logic to it then what you are describing but should work REALLY similar.

Some of the best running etec stuff I ever rode (still had goofy powervalve issues, but overall worked well)

Can't do much about the power valves. . . Without getting to crazy.

From your experience with the ETEC fueling do you think the AE enrichiment would be limited to enough of an amount to clean up the bottom?

Old 01-19-2018, 07:29 AM
Currently: 850 blown up before Breakin over
Basic Member
fredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond repute

Love to try something like this on my Impulse, my initial throttle stab is causing a ulgy hesitation, but anything after that is clean, need a way to drop fuel at low rpm some way, or find a way to make bigger airbox...

Even finding a way to add some injector resistance off the start, bring them on slower could work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-19-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredw View Post
Love to try something like this on my Impulse, my initial throttle stab is causing a ulgy hesitation, but anything after that is clean, need a way to drop fuel at low rpm some way, or find a way to make bigger airbox...

Even finding a way to add some injector resistance off the start, bring them on slower could work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked to Dave about this and he seemed to think adding resistance to the injectors was possible. But I am not sure it is that easy. Etec injectors are 55 volt and from what I understand the way they are driven is not your normal pos/neg.

That being said what I have I believe could be designed to accept a signal that it would only change the curve with no boost.

I will have to try this now.

Does anyone know where I can get some more male/female connectors for the TPS. I only have one set that I cut from a silber harness. I need more as we have two sleds to try it on.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:51 PM
Currently: Not set.
nuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond reputenuttyn01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default stinger

Turbo11T, have you opened up your stinger yet?

Old 01-22-2018, 07:55 PM
Currently: Not set.
DUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo11T View Post
I talked to Dave about this and he seemed to think adding resistance to the injectors was possible. But I am not sure it is that easy. Etec injectors are 55 volt and from what I understand the way they are driven is not your normal pos/neg.

That being said what I have I believe could be designed to accept a signal that it would only change the curve with no boost.

I will have to try this now.

Does anyone know where I can get some more male/female connectors for the TPS. I only have one set that I cut from a silber harness. I need more as we have two sleds to try it on.
I have a spare Silber harness that I could mail to u if u are interested. Only thing I want in return is if u get it working I would like to try it out. Shoot me a pm if u want it.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Old 01-22-2018, 11:27 PM
Currently: 850 blown up before Breakin over
Basic Member
fredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like Dave found a way to reduce fuel, he says it works on his kits and will work with others as well to get rid of the gurgle.. One will need to add fuel down low on fuel program since this mod will remove a fair amount and a/f is real lean down there from stock

Be getting this real soon to the impulse.. Good job redline