For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: IQ 2005-Current, all models in the IQ and IQ Raw chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2017, 07:44 PM
Currently: Waiting for snow
Basic Member
tryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to behold
Default Intermittent bog.

I have a bog that happens right around 7500 rpm. It however does not happen all the time. I have put a new fuel filter in it, new power valve Springs, cleaned the power valves, adjusted the throttle cable play. It had a broken power valve spring so I thought that was the issue but nope. We have plugged the emission hoses on the power valves and left the solenoid alone . Sometimes the bog occurs at slamming the throttle open, sometimes it accelerates just fine. If it does bog most often feathering the throttle gets it past the big and it just rips. It is a 2009 600 efi rmk shift 155. I have bought new 64 grams weights but have not tried that yet. We were thinking it maybe the TPS but it does not throw a code at all nor does the light flash even. The power status bar on the dash shows full charging all the time. Does anyone have any other ideas? Like I said it is Intermittent sometimes it will run for several.minutes without a big issue at all. Other times it bogs several times in a row. If you feather through it and it clears up then it seems most times tof be alright for a bit. This is driving me nuts. I wish it had carbs right now.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-17-2017, 08:39 PM
Currently: ahhh back to work
Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
slash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond reputeslash has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

check the rollers in your 2ed clutch mine had the same problem bad roller

09 IQ
KMOD
RAPTORS
2.5 CE
MOHAWKS
SLP PIPE
KOOLME KUSTOMS 660 KIT
TATERSPORTING PORTWORK

[IMG]//www.snowest.com//www.snowest.com/i/snowest-forum-logo.jpg[/IMG]

The Following User Says Thank You to slash For This Useful Post:
tryanattak (03-17-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 07:39 PM
Basic Member
tryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to beholdtryanattak is a splendid one to behold

Well I installed the 64 gram weights in the primary. It did not make it any better if anything it got worse. We tried unplugging the O2 sensor and it made it more sluggish when blipping throttle but did not flash the engine light at all. We basically did this to check if the engine light would flash as it does not do it like my son's 05 RMK would. He had a TPS issue and his flashed the light. Would a fuel commander over ride the TPS. I forgot to mention the sled does have a MRBP can on it. Is it possible that could be making the bog issue? I am not sure if the previous owner had any issues but the can was on it when I got it. As I have stated it does not bog all the time, sometimes you hit the throttle and it rips right away other times it hits a dead spot then goes. My readout shows I have hit 8300 rpm as a max. The bog seems to happen right at 6750 now thinking that could be the new 64 gram weights it had the 58 gram weights from the factory in it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:59 PM
Currently: Internet Rmkpro 800apprentiship
Basic Member
peaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond repute

I had an assult 800 cutting out at 7000 ,the cause was a torn bellow in the power valve . I got segestions like clean the power valves and run a wire up in the cylinder to make sure the port is clear and same for the valve it's self.

The Following User Says Thank You to peaceofwork For This Useful Post:
tryanattak (12-27-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 09:56 PM
Currently: Not set.
volcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a '10 660 that bogs at WOT after a while. I was out Thursday and was running WOT in about 2' of fluff on the road. It would start to cut out like I was losing fuel pressure to at least a couple of the injectors (4 total). Let out, back into it a couple times and it would hammer back up to max R's.

I plan to pull the fuel pickup out of the tank and see if there is anything funny going on in there.

The Following User Says Thank You to volcano buster For This Useful Post:
tryanattak (12-27-2017)
Old 12-24-2017, 01:23 PM
Basic Member

We did all the suggested fixes. We cleaned the valves, put new bellows and valve springs in it. We adjusted the throttle cable play to spec, we ran a stiff piece of wire through the purge hole, we replaced the fuel filter, put 64 gram weights in the primary clutch. It still has the intermittent bog issue. It now happens at 6500-6750 rpm range. Above and below that their is no issue. Sometimes it just rips right on through that area and other and most times it hesitates or bogs in the mentioned range.
I have been researching this like crazy and I think my answer may be the lazy power valve issue. The purge hole needs to be enlarged and go back to the lighter weight power valve springs. I even tried a dyne jet fuel commander, it helped in the problem rpm range greatly but messed up the bottom end. I will eventually pull the head and drill out the purge hole to the bigger size and see if tha indeed fixes it.

Old 12-24-2017, 02:54 PM
Currently: Not set.
volcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond repute

4 injector motor?

Old 12-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Currently: Internet Rmkpro 800apprentiship
Basic Member
peaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcano buster View Post
4 injector motor?
Probably 2010 or older cfi like a dragon ?

Old 12-25-2017, 02:41 PM
Basic Member

No the 2009 RMK shift 155 is the CFI2 engine. We just today pulled it apart again and found the spring on the mag side was broken again. I just replaced the springs last season and only have put maybe 200 miles on those springs. I cleaned everything again, ran a wire through all the purge holes, and installed new springs again. It seems better but still happens.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:04 PM
Currently: Not set
retiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond repute
The Following User Says Thank You to retiredpop For This Useful Post:
tryanattak (12-27-2017)
Old 12-26-2017, 10:10 PM
Currently: Last ride of the season 5/25/18...
sledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond reputesledhed has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to sledhed For This Useful Post:
tryanattak (12-27-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 12:48 AM
Basic Member
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register