• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 pro det problems.

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
Picked up a 11 pro this summer for the gf. Took it out for the this last weekend and it was consistently throwing de7 code if you pinned it. Sled has 3000 miles on it with 800 on a rebuild. Had a fresh tank of 91 corn free fuel (filled my turbo 850 up at the same time and didn’t have a problem but also had some left over at gas in tank). So after some digging I started with the clutch and it had 10-64 and we were at 7000 feet so shouldn’t be a over rev problem. Was going to try fresh gas. Was wondering if a bad fuel filter would cause this problem also? Help a ski doo guy out haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I'd start with the fuel filter, then next if it still does it, watch rpm, gauge doesn't update as fast as one would like but you can ease the throttle into it and see what your getting, if its 8300 or so, good odds it may be bouncing off the rev limiter which may be causing that code to come up. My turbo sled did that unsure exactly if it's because the clutching was wrong it bounced off the Rev limiter, fixed the clutch weights and it still did it, turned out in my case to be plugged injectors once I got the a/f on it.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Are you easing into it or stabbing the throttle?
What RPM is it hitting this? 6500-7000?

Fuel filter should be changed about every $500 miles with today's fuel. No lie.

AND, check the injector screens. Make sure they aren't plugged.

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
Are you easing into it or stabbing the throttle?
What RPM is it hitting this? 6500-7000?

Fuel filter should be changed about every $500 miles with today's fuel. No lie.

AND, check the injector screens. Make sure they aren't plugged.

I didn’t ride it most of the day but when I tried it if you eased into it wouldn’t happen as quick but would still do it at 7500 or so. Did not no they had injector screens. Must be the two little caps on the fuel rails?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I didn’t ride it most of the day but when I tried it if you eased into it wouldn’t happen as quick but would still do it at 7500 or so. Did not no they had injector screens. Must be the two little caps on the fuel rails?

Hmm sounds lean like then perhaps if she's not going way up and beyond from 8k rpm.

If you remove the injectors and look into them, there's a very fine screen insert. On my turbo, the Injectors for the turbo kit were plugged, which is odd but the factory injectors were clean. I put a different fuel filter on as I believe the stuff plugging my screens was the fuel filter material.

Premium Features