• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need emails please!!!!

hilpulr

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Corvallis MT
Spenser Merwin (Daines) and I did a bit of brainstorming over the weekend. Here is what we need you to do:

Send an email supporting repeal of WSA's to Jon Tester and Greg Gianforte and Sen Daines. Here are the email addresses:
//www.tester.senate.gov/contact/ , // gianforte.house.gov/contact/email , Spenser_Merwin@daines.senate.gov (remember there is an underscore between Spenser and Merwin)
The email just needs to say you support repeal of the Montana Wilderness Study Areas ( WSA's) . You can list any reason(s) you want. The main concerns are: 40 years is long enough to "study" anything, public land should allow various public uses, and the forest service has recommended a number of the WSA's should be managed as non- wilderness.
There are some solid logistical reasons to send the email to Tester. There is a possibility he and Daines may introduce two bill simultaneously that need each others support.

Now please understand we are playing in the big boy sand box. So we need to do big boy things and make this happen. I am asking everyone to send the emails, but beyond that I want you to share this email with everyone you know and encourage them to send the respective emails. I want everyone who is a member of a snowmobile club or any motorized organization to send a communication to those members to send emails (if you don't have an email system call them individually). I want every dealership to print some support letters and ask every customer to sign it right on the spot. Dealers, you can scan and send those letters later. THIS ALL NEEDS TO BE DONE BETWEEN NOW AND FRIDAY.. Things are moving quickly, PENDING VIABLE SUPPORT.. Sen Daines must be able to show he has public support. Plus, remember the wilderness people will be full out blitzing Tester and other members of Congress to stop this bill, and we know they are good at it. Don't let them beat us.

Here is the bottom line. It is of no relevance if you ride in a WSA or not. It doesn't matter what State you live in. What you are supporting is getting some serious back country snowmobile riding areas (about 500,000 acres) REOPENED and stopping the ongoing loss (wilderness creep) of riding areas.. I think this is a historical event for us. THIS IS OUR SHOT, MAKE IT HAPPEN!! I know a lot of you, including myself, are concerned about getting access to RWA's that have been closed to snowmobiling. All I am at liberty to say at this time is you have to walk before you run..

Your email should include the town you live in so no one can say these are robo emails.

YOU ASKED FOR HELP TO GET THESE AREAS REOPENED. SEN DAINES STOOD UP AND INTRODUCED THE REPEAL BILL. NOW YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR PART TO EXECUTE.

This email with social media links will reach about 4000 people. If (when) you share it I would hope we can double that reach. In the past I have seen an average of 100 (or less) responses to this type of request. Please step up to the plate and surprise me. How about a goal of a minimum 2000 response emails? That would be everyone's XMAS PRESENT1

IF YOU MAKE THIS HAPPEN, IT WILL OPEN THE DIALOGUE TO RECLAIM MORE HISTORIC SNOWMOBILE AREAS..

Stan Spencer

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Done! And shared with about 20 people, one friend said he shared with 50 more! Thanks for all you do Stan!!

srfink

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2013
Great Falls, MT
Thanks Stan and Glen. Will be writing mine today. I wrote and sent one in October to Daines and Gianforte. Did not send to Tester, but will today. Glad we are finally getting some traction with this overreach.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
We have the man in place to pull back these regulations our time is now. We need to make some noise. So here's tester phone number 202-224-2644

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
I just blows me away that that something like this is not being blow up. Stan sent out a an email today saying only 50 email had been received by Daines

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT

Itsstock

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Woodbury,MN
Done, couldn't email Greg Gianforte because I have a MN zip code. :face-icon-small-dis
I have sent to friends to comment also.

Premium Features