For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: Boosted Sleds (Turbo or Supercharged) Turbo discussion for Yamaha aftermarket Turbo or Super Charged sleds.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Currently: Ready to ride
blown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2015 mtx w MPI turbo question for the boost gauge

I'm finally getting a boost gauge installed on my sled, never had issues with the setup stock but wanted to see what I'm getting and will likely be going to do the Evo upgrade.

Question is there is a little nipple coming off the stock MPI airbox that has a little black plug on it. It is just above the turbo side intake tube. Can I just use that for my gauge and not worry about adding a tee down low and then worry about keeping the pressure tube to the gauge out of the way of all the heat. I figured this location should also give me the most accurate reading since it is right off the airbox before it goes into the throttle bodies.

Thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-03-2017, 11:08 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
thamax has a reputation beyond reputethamax has a reputation beyond reputethamax has a reputation beyond reputethamax has a reputation beyond reputethamax has a reputation beyond reputethamax has a reputation beyond reputethamax has a reputation beyond reputethamax has a reputation beyond reputethamax has a reputation beyond reputethamax has a reputation beyond reputethamax has a reputation beyond repute

That is nipple is for the mpi fuel regulator upgrade! Can be used for a boost gauge but you will not see vaccum at that port. There is ports on the throttle bodies that i prefer to use for a boost gauge

Old 12-05-2017, 02:32 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
xpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond repute

Boost gauge needs plumbed into a common line pulling signal from behind each of the throttle bodies. To do it use 1/8" silicone boost line and tee each of the three lines in series, each from one of the two reference ports on the throttle bodies. Stock, the reference ports have little vaccum port nipples on them. Pull one off each throttle body and zip tie the rest. Zip tie all tee'd connections as well. If you source pressure from the place you discussed, then you are not reading boost. Boost is what the motor sees.

The Following User Says Thank You to xpturbo600 For This Useful Post:
Snowmixer (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 03:31 AM
Currently: Ready to ride
blown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks

Got it I will see if I can find the right ports.