For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
luggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant future
Default Lightweight M1100 turbo

Anybody do one yet with real world numbers?
Thinking about trying it if I can get the budget and
Enough weight off the nose.

Looking at a 2012 1100 turbo 162 with Speedwerx 4
position programmer, intake, muffler, and clutching.
Stock these sleds are said to be around 565 dry and
muffler drops 15 so down to 550 already. Here's a list
of what I am thinking might help/work

14 style M8000 seat and tank. -5 to -10
Battery and relocate -11
Camso 2.8 track -12
36" front suspension -4 and better handling
Headlight delete -10
Hcr cooler -10

All this could get it under 500 but still heavy in the nose.
I know relocating the rear suspension and stiffer front
shock spring helps with the feel but is there anywhere
else to loose weight on the nose? Intercooler or turbo?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-13-2017, 06:01 AM
Basic Member
8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will find its much heavier than 565 dry. My XF1100T was 700lbs ready to roll full of fuel and oil on the scales. This had a studded track so there was some weight there but not over 50lbs. I think it would cost big cash to drop a hundred off this sled. Turn up the power and enjoy it.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:04 AM
Basic Member
8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute8secolds has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget the cold air intake and get rid of the factory airbox on bottom side of hood. I think they make a light weight hood as well.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:33 AM
Currently: rigging instad of riding
0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute
Default My results...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luggnut View Post
Anybody do one yet with real world numbers?
Thinking about trying it if I can get the budget and
Enough weight off the nose.

Looking at a 2012 1100 turbo 162 with Speedwerx 4
position programmer, intake, muffler, and clutching.
Stock these sleds are said to be around 565 dry and
muffler drops 15 so down to 550 already. Here's a list
of what I am thinking might help/work

14 style M8000 seat and tank. -5 to -10
Battery and relocate -11
Camso 2.8 track -12
36" front suspension -4 and better handling
Headlight delete -10
Hcr cooler -10

All this could get it under 500 but still heavy in the nose.
I know relocating the rear suspension and stiffer front
shock spring helps with the feel but is there anywhere
else to loose weight on the nose? Intercooler or turbo?
My 2013 M1100T 162 S/P Ltd comes in at 630 lbs wet, with tool kit, gas can, etc.
I've a EVO big chute turbo with all the goodies (exhaust, intake, intercooler fan, etc, headlight delete with mountain fit hood, cat vented panels, C3 belt drive, boss seat, C3 carbon tank, l/w battery (relocated), 2016 front end with exit shocks). I've a PC 3" track with avid drivers, heavy duty jackshaft, team tied and built cat primary with billet spider & 911 cover, skid plate, header/turbo blankets, 4 wheel kit and Kmod rear skid, so added a bit of weight back to the machine. Suspension setup is absolutely critical on these sleds, a heavier spring on the front track shock makes a world of difference. Even though my 13 800 S/P Ltd is 90 lbs wet (and it has a 925 big bore and a bunch of lightweight goodies), I'd rather ride the 4 stroke in most conditions other then super tight trees.
In short, it costs a pile of money to lighten these sleds up, and in the end simply doesn't add value to the resale. So be prepared to be married to it, or to take a huge hit when it comes time to sell, as the 4 stroke isn't very popular with the masses, even though it is a very capable mountain sled with some suspension tuning with a skilled rider at the bars...

Old 04-17-2017, 12:53 AM
Currently: Enjoying the builds
JustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond repute

Done lots of 1100 lightweight projects. Go for a full mountain fit hood for increased weight loss. Belt drive drops a bunch, about half in the losing of reverse.....and then you have no reverse. I built 4 personal 300+ 1100s and I didn't have reverse in any of them. Whether it was from a belt drive or hyvo gears with no reverse, I've done it both ways.

Evo Sidewinder Stage 5 and Stage 6 Big Chute kits coming soon!

Evo Sidewinder relashes and Maptuner options in stock
Evo Sidewinder boost hoses, BOVs, CAIs, and I/C grills in stock

Stereo sleds….Yup that's us!
1100t Single and VmAp ECU mountain reflashes!

Dealer and customer inquires welcome to gene@allgo.ca

Last edited by JustBoostIt; 04-21-2017 at 12:37 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to JustBoostIt For This Useful Post:
KMOD (04-20-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Basic Member
luggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant futureluggnut has a brilliant future

Anyone ever run one without the inercooler? I could probably drop 15 pounds without it and I have some skinz helium panels that might work on here and cut more weight without the intercooler. I dont need crazy hp so maybe i would be ok without it?

If I can get it down to 600 wet and within 80 pounds of my 2016 helium m8000 I would seriously go for this project for the reliability and power. If not then I might be looking for big bore options for the 2016

Old 04-19-2017, 08:32 AM
Currently: Looking forward to the first ride on my 2018 M 800 CTEC
d1100t has a reputation beyond reputed1100t has a reputation beyond reputed1100t has a reputation beyond reputed1100t has a reputation beyond reputed1100t has a reputation beyond reputed1100t has a reputation beyond reputed1100t has a reputation beyond reputed1100t has a reputation beyond reputed1100t has a reputation beyond reputed1100t has a reputation beyond reputed1100t has a reputation beyond repute
Default Weight

I have a EVO super chute 310 hp M1100T.
I love the power but hate the weight.
I spent a lot of time and money trying to make it lighter and handle better. Carbon fiber hood. Boss seat. Battery relocate vented side panels. Belt drive so no reverse.
The sled has become a trail sled.
You'll never overcome the weight of the motor.
My turbo charged 2016 800 is more fun.
I'm not sure I'd try run it without the intercooler. Intake temps will be high. I had to add a intercooler fan to mine. I've been told the water to air intercooler is better yet.

Last edited by d1100t; 04-19-2017 at 08:35 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to d1100t For This Useful Post:
JustBoostIt (04-21-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Currently: Keyboard highmarking at its best.
jim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that you will lose about 3 pounds every ride when your belt grenades into a million little pieces.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:22 AM
Currently: rigging instad of riding
0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute
Default I beg to differ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Don't forget that you will lose about 3 pounds every ride when your belt grenades into a million little pieces.
I've got 1740 miles on mine, all boosted with EVO's 285 hp big chute kit. The original belt is in my bag as a spare with 950 miles on it, still looks good. The second belt on the machine is no worse for wear, either. Some of these sleds had alignment issues, but not all of them.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-21-2017, 12:47 AM
JustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond reputeJustBoostIt has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Karl, stop with your real world belt jargon, every 1100 ever was a belt blower and there was no way to fix ones that were right😂.

No intercooler is not an option. Without it the intake temps can get into ranges the ecu starts pulling boost and timing to protect itself. The Evo intercooler fan kit drops temps over 30 degrees and is a noticeable improvement when the turbo starts to heat soak.

Evo Sidewinder Stage 5 and Stage 6 Big Chute kits coming soon!

Evo Sidewinder relashes and Maptuner options in stock
Evo Sidewinder boost hoses, BOVs, CAIs, and I/C grills in stock

Stereo sleds….Yup that's us!
1100t Single and VmAp ECU mountain reflashes!

Dealer and customer inquires welcome to gene@allgo.ca

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustBoostIt For This Useful Post:
blackjack85335 (11-25-2017), d1100t (04-21-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 06:57 AM
Basic Member
Zerrman has a reputation beyond reputeZerrman has a reputation beyond reputeZerrman has a reputation beyond reputeZerrman has a reputation beyond reputeZerrman has a reputation beyond reputeZerrman has a reputation beyond reputeZerrman has a reputation beyond reputeZerrman has a reputation beyond reputeZerrman has a reputation beyond reputeZerrman has a reputation beyond reputeZerrman has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 07-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Basic Member
Nickhagen1 has much to be proud ofNickhagen1 has much to be proud ofNickhagen1 has much to be proud ofNickhagen1 has much to be proud ofNickhagen1 has much to be proud ofNickhagen1 has much to be proud ofNickhagen1 has much to be proud ofNickhagen1 has much to be proud ofNickhagen1 has much to be proud ofNickhagen1 has much to be proud ofNickhagen1 has much to be proud of

Click Here to Register

Old 11-05-2017, 11:14 PM
Currently: Great season with friends this year!
Thanked 1,120 Times in 579 Posts
Matte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-07-2017, 07:08 AM
Currently: EVOLVING
Turbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-07-2017, 11:08 PM
n2otoofast4u has a reputation beyond reputen2otoofast4u has a reputation beyond reputen2otoofast4u has a reputation beyond reputen2otoofast4u has a reputation beyond reputen2otoofast4u has a reputation beyond reputen2otoofast4u has a reputation beyond reputen2otoofast4u has a reputation beyond reputen2otoofast4u has a reputation beyond reputen2otoofast4u has a reputation beyond reputen2otoofast4u has a reputation beyond reputen2otoofast4u has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Thanked 6,619 Times in 4,257 Posts
Snowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-10-2017, 10:40 PM
Matte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-10-2017, 10:59 PM
Thanked 6,619 Times in 4,257 Posts
Snowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-14-2017, 07:28 PM
Basic Member
brokenbones4 has a reputation beyond reputebrokenbones4 has a reputation beyond reputebrokenbones4 has a reputation beyond reputebrokenbones4 has a reputation beyond reputebrokenbones4 has a reputation beyond reputebrokenbones4 has a reputation beyond reputebrokenbones4 has a reputation beyond reputebrokenbones4 has a reputation beyond reputebrokenbones4 has a reputation beyond reputebrokenbones4 has a reputation beyond reputebrokenbones4 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-20-2017, 12:15 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 11-21-2017, 12:45 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 11-21-2017, 12:45 AM

Click Here to Register