• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Bike Option for Kid?

B
May 16, 2017
Year round use

Site makes it look like a onetime conversion which is good because it looks involved.

I expect if you went with a more aggressive track it might eat up the track in the summer. I'll have to keep my eye out for these. Apparently it is a Minnesota company.

I live across the river in ND. It's amazing how many track vehicles come out of that corner of Minnesota.

Polaris, Arctic Cat, and MatTracks are all in the same corner of the state.

Looks like a good toy for the farm.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
How about any real kid's snowbike conversions, like with a 85-105cc smoker and a real timbersled type setup?
Anybody pulled that off yet? My kids have been riding sleds for years, are still too short for full size bikes and their awesome parents just got them a YZ85 and a KX100 because they're such good kids.....lol.

After not riding one of these little smoker bikes for a long time, I forgot how retardedly fast they are. Sure seem like they could pull a 3/4 size track setup halfway decent.

I don't have near the time or tools that some of you do on here, to fab up your own custom kits, but I could sure chop and hack on an old TS to make it fit....I think.

Who's done this?

I
Nov 29, 2007
I have a 150r with a 120 mototrax kit for my youngster to ride. It was a ton of fun for him to ride last year. He kept up with the big boys and went places that amazed me! Jetting was a bit of an issue, but once that was sorted out, the bike was kick and go. Highly recommended!!

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Interesting. Maybe need to go to the bigger chassi bikes like that.
Was that more or less a bolt on and go setup? How short of rider can actually get a foot on the ground on the 150 snowbike?

J
Jun 11, 2005
Clearwater BC
I have a 150r with a 120 mototrax kit for my youngster to ride. It was a ton of fun for him to ride last year. He kept up with the big boys and went places that amazed me! Jetting was a bit of an issue, but once that was sorted out, the bike was kick and go. Highly recommended!!

I like the sound of that setup! I have a 14 yr. old daughter that wants to keep riding her bike this winter. Please post some pics if you can!

I
Nov 29, 2007
Mototrax made 5 or so of these kits. Only issue was having the front sprocket machined to fit the bike and the 520 chain that they use on the kit. The front mounting for the ski had to be reworked a little. Had to re drill the location for the d bar to give more bike like handling. As delivered, it looked like a chopper with the front end stretched out.

My son is the average size 11 year old..... With the moto tax I was able to adjust the rear link down to give him room to touch on the packed trail.

Get the JD jet kit, the bike was horribly lean in the winter. Once this was resolved, the bike ran flawlessly. I pulled out the airbox assembly, and used a k and n slip on filter at the carb and had no icing issues. I think this year I will fab up an engine blanket for the motor, and keep some heat in there for added security.

The 150 motor pulled the 120 track just fine with an 80lb kid on the bike. Overall, very satisfied!!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Where do you ride?
Temperatures?

Elevation?

Did you do a thermostat?

B
May 16, 2017
Hoot85 vs Ripper

Looks like this one is in different league from the Ripper.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dv3lnx1c_qU?start=6" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Premium Features