For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: EDGE 2002-2005, all models in the Edge chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2017, 04:14 PM
Currently: Not set.
whoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to take 20 lbs off the back of your Edge

Step 1. Drill holes in the track to expel snow as it rotates
Step 2. Dupont Teflon Paint to slide rails and inside of tunnel https://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Teflon.../dp/B0031T82NO

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to whoisthatguy For This Useful Post:
Mark's RMK (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 05:50 AM
Mark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond reputeMark's RMK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dries?

Does it dry clear?

Do you apply annually to maintain or does it last longer than that?

Do you pull the skid to apply it to the skid frame and the inside of the tunnel?

We have a Yamaha Apex XTX (144) and it's terrible for snow accumulation on the skid.

Thanks.
2013 800 Pro RMK 155 ES, Burandt boards, Timbersled A-arms, NXT Level WS Bag, skid plate, VE belt guard, Team Tied Clutch, MTX wts, SLP Hot Air Eliminators, Mike Taylor Footwell Vents, Powder Keg tank/pack, Rox Flex Tec II Handguards.

Wife's Sled - 2012 Yamaha Apex XTX 144" EPS, Earth X battery, Yamaha Handguards, cable scratchers

2015 600 RMK 155, ES, skid plate, MTX wts

Old 04-27-2017, 09:35 AM
Currently: Not set
retiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond repute

"For best results, apply after each snow storm".

That statement from the manufacturer tells me it isn't very long lasting.

Haven't outgrown my 600 yet!

Old 04-29-2017, 01:33 AM
whoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty inexpensive and leaves a film that only comes off your fingers with a little scrubbing. That film likely prevents the adhesion of the snow. The impact of the snow likely wears it down. I only taped over my cooler before applying it on as much tunnel surface as I could reach with the spray. It dries clear but has that film. Takes no more than 60 seconds to apply so it is well worth the time and money. The snow falls off after a jounce or two and everywhere in your tunnel that you sprayed, will be clean of snow. It does not help to spray any part of the suspension, that I noticed.

Last edited by whoisthatguy; 05-01-2017 at 11:06 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to whoisthatguy For This Useful Post:
Mark's RMK (04-29-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Currently: Internet Rmkpro 800apprentiship
Basic Member
peaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond repute

good one i noticed sometimes my sled loads up and looks like a lowrider i will have to give that a try

Old 05-14-2017, 06:14 PM
Currently: Always waiting for more snow.
NHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience, none of those paints, films, etc., really work. I did read an article years ago that said that carbon fiber worked, never tried it though.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:14 PM

I guarantee that this film works on the inside of the tunnel for one ride, and then you simply spray another coat on.