Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: ZX Sleds 99-2005, all models in the ZX chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 01:28 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Manbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best mods for zx 700

Alright I'm new to the sled mod thing. I have a 2000 skidoo zx 700 stretched to a 151 is all stock besides risers,scratchers, and can. What are the best and easy mods to make this sled run to its best. Clutching, chassis mods, ect. Thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-16-2013, 11:09 AM
jheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond repute

O where to start... !

The bar riser is a great mod already. On all my zx's i pulled the stock radius rods off the front end and made my own with swiveling ball joint ends (eyelet type). These free up the front suspension tremendously! Take out the sway bar in the front if not done already too, way easier for sidehilling. Upgrade the front skis to pilot 6.9s or simmons dual carbides for better flotation and handling. Could upgrade front shocks to HPGs. I reworked my top shock mounts to raise the front of the sled 1.5" to keep it from plowing in the deep pow. The running boards need bigger holes punched in them to avoid buildup. I also rolled mine out and put newer REV chasis edges on them for better traction and more foot room. Also installed Gold finger lefty throttles. Im sure im forgetting a lot! 700s are tough motors. maybe install some boyeson ragecages or v force 3 reeds for performance. Have fun and God Bless!

Josh

The Following User Says Thank You to jheitzman For This Useful Post:
khagge (10-07-2014)
Old 12-17-2013, 12:53 AM
Currently: Working on sleds awaiting snow
Basic Member
Redsledhead has a reputation beyond reputeRedsledhead has a reputation beyond reputeRedsledhead has a reputation beyond reputeRedsledhead has a reputation beyond reputeRedsledhead has a reputation beyond reputeRedsledhead has a reputation beyond reputeRedsledhead has a reputation beyond reputeRedsledhead has a reputation beyond reputeRedsledhead has a reputation beyond reputeRedsledhead has a reputation beyond reputeRedsledhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheitzman View Post
O where to start... !

The bar riser is a great mod already. On all my zx's i pulled the stock radius rods off the front end and made my own with swiveling ball joint ends (eyelet type). These free up the front suspension tremendously! Take out the sway bar in the front if not done already too, way easier for sidehilling. Upgrade the front skis to pilot 6.9s or simmons dual carbides for better flotation and handling. Could upgrade front shocks to HPGs. I reworked my top shock mounts to raise the front of the sled 1.5" to keep it from plowing in the deep pow. The running boards need bigger holes punched in them to avoid buildup. I also rolled mine out and put newer REV chasis edges on them for better traction and more foot room. Also installed Gold finger lefty throttles. Im sure im forgetting a lot! 700s are tough motors. maybe install some boyeson ragecages or v force 3 reeds for performance. Have fun and God Bless!

Josh
Any pictures of the radius rod you made?

Old 12-17-2013, 07:20 PM
jheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond reputejheitzman has a reputation beyond repute

We'll see if this works.

JoshClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	221343

Old 12-18-2013, 12:51 AM
Basic Member

Alright Awesome. whats a good track length for one of these? i have a 151 under it now but i feel like it needs to be longer.. I forgot i put the better board inserts in and a lh throttle on. how did you raise your front end up 1.5"? how much is the hpg shock upgrade? Thanks

Old 12-18-2013, 07:04 AM
Basic Member
hgdoo is an unknown quantity at this point

white secondary spring from 2001 800 works wonderful,doo #504152070

Old 12-18-2013, 12:54 PM

Here's a pic of the top shock bracket. I basically cut the stock bracket in half and swapped top half with bottom half and re welded. I bolted it to a stock bracket while welding to keep the holes in line.

Josh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	221400  

Old 12-18-2013, 12:55 PM

151" track is a good length for the 700's horsepower.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Basic Member

Alright awesome!! thanks alot man really appreciate it. i really like the look of long tunnel but love my zx. what could i do? i also wanna stick a 154 under it. what all do i have to do? any suggestions? and a big wheel kit?

Old 12-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Old 12-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Basic Member
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-23-2013, 12:12 AM
Currently: Still playing with the jeep
Basic Member
bigjb has a reputation beyond reputebigjb has a reputation beyond reputebigjb has a reputation beyond reputebigjb has a reputation beyond reputebigjb has a reputation beyond reputebigjb has a reputation beyond reputebigjb has a reputation beyond reputebigjb has a reputation beyond reputebigjb has a reputation beyond reputebigjb has a reputation beyond reputebigjb has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigjb For This Useful Post:
cubby (12-23-2013), Manbear (01-02-2014)
Old 01-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 01-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Basic Member
akrider99707 is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 01-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Currently: Restoring my old race sleds....
Reeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 01-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 01-06-2014, 10:47 AM

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jheitzman For This Useful Post:
akrider99707 (01-06-2014), Reeb (01-06-2014)
Old 01-06-2014, 10:48 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-06-2014, 10:50 AM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to jheitzman For This Useful Post:
akrider99707 (01-06-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 12:05 AM
HANDSOME has a reputation beyond reputeHANDSOME has a reputation beyond reputeHANDSOME has a reputation beyond reputeHANDSOME has a reputation beyond reputeHANDSOME has a reputation beyond reputeHANDSOME has a reputation beyond reputeHANDSOME has a reputation beyond reputeHANDSOME has a reputation beyond reputeHANDSOME has a reputation beyond reputeHANDSOME has a reputation beyond reputeHANDSOME has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Basic Member
chuckychoadcheese has a reputation beyond reputechuckychoadcheese has a reputation beyond reputechuckychoadcheese has a reputation beyond reputechuckychoadcheese has a reputation beyond reputechuckychoadcheese has a reputation beyond reputechuckychoadcheese has a reputation beyond reputechuckychoadcheese has a reputation beyond reputechuckychoadcheese has a reputation beyond reputechuckychoadcheese has a reputation beyond reputechuckychoadcheese has a reputation beyond reputechuckychoadcheese has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register