For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2017, 08:59 PM
Currently: Time to TRIPLE!!
Gmiller has a reputation beyond reputeGmiller has a reputation beyond reputeGmiller has a reputation beyond reputeGmiller has a reputation beyond reputeGmiller has a reputation beyond reputeGmiller has a reputation beyond reputeGmiller has a reputation beyond reputeGmiller has a reputation beyond reputeGmiller has a reputation beyond reputeGmiller has a reputation beyond reputeGmiller has a reputation beyond repute
Default CDI took a **** 09 IQR 600 mod

Have a 09 iqr 600 mod. twin pipe. Long story short, sled ended up on the bars and tweaked them. Replaced bars and did not re-install hand warmers. Ran 1 day but sled kill switch and teather would not shut down sled. Figured it was wiring. Today i smelled the horrible electric burning smell. CDI out.... Ordered a new one and ordered bar heaters but what else should i replace at the same time? I figured a new voltage regulator. Anything else.
LikeShow more reactionsComment

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6spd, 5.9 Cummins, To many extras.... 700hp and big tires....

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
iqmod600 has a reputation beyond reputeiqmod600 has a reputation beyond reputeiqmod600 has a reputation beyond reputeiqmod600 has a reputation beyond reputeiqmod600 has a reputation beyond reputeiqmod600 has a reputation beyond reputeiqmod600 has a reputation beyond reputeiqmod600 has a reputation beyond reputeiqmod600 has a reputation beyond reputeiqmod600 has a reputation beyond reputeiqmod600 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 09

Hi had one to. I hit the break and it would shut off the motor. I am thinking a grounding issue. sold the sled and never got to the bottom of the problem.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-05-2017, 10:37 PM
Currently: I'd rather snowshoe than be caught on a SKIDOO! I'm not feminine / gay enough to ride SkiDoo either.
Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,115 Posts
LoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmiller View Post
Have a 09 iqr 600 mod. twin pipe. Long story short, sled ended up on the bars and tweaked them. Replaced bars and did not re-install hand warmers. Ran 1 day but sled kill switch and teather would not shut down sled. Figured it was wiring. Today i smelled the horrible electric burning smell. CDI out.... Ordered a new one and ordered bar heaters but what else should i replace at the same time? I figured a new voltage regulator. Anything else.
LikeShow more reactionsComment
They need a draw to keep from frying the VR / Stator. Especially the mods that do not have a headlight. The factory just installs an extra set of hand warmers on the steering post hoop to use the excess stator output from the Lighting coil. The other option is a load resistor to use the excess. Without it expensive things start to fry. Good luck!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No