• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seafoam Fuel Treatment

D
Aug 25, 2016
Hi have you guys ever used Seafoam in your CFI-4 Snowmobiles ? If so, does it work ? Thinking about buying this to clean my injectors. Thankx !

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
It works well... There are better injector cleaners out there IMO... but that would be a LONG thread of opinions.

If you have not fired up your sled yet for the season...Best to drain ALL the old gas out... ALL of it.. and fill with fresh... with your cleaner of choice and some pre-mix oil... and, without starting the sled.... run the fuel pump on prime mode for about 5 minutes to flush the, pickup, pump, fuel lines, fuel rail of any varnish or sludge buildup.

The moment you fire the sled... what ever is in the lines... be it fresh gas or old gas, will be pushed through the injectors... best to start off the season as fresh as possible.

D
Aug 25, 2016
It works well... There are better injector cleaners out there IMO... but that would be a LONG thread of opinions.

If you have not fired up your sled yet for the season...Best to drain ALL the old gas out... ALL of it.. and fill with fresh... with your cleaner of choice and some pre-mix oil... and, without starting the sled.... run the fuel pump on prime mode for about 5 minutes to flush the, pickup, pump, fuel lines, fuel rail of any varnish or sludge buildup.

The moment you fire the sled... what ever is in the lines... be it fresh gas or old gas, will be pushed through the injectors... best to start off the season as fresh as possible.

Prime mode the fuel pump ? You lost me here... :face-icon-small-dis

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
In front of the belt cover area in the side of the belly pan are a couple connectors that don't go to anything. There is a dual wire connector that can be jumped to power the in-tank fuel pump. In the photo it is the furthest white connector to the right.

I use a high output 12v transformer that I wired a connector onto that I had from some other demolition project. It will run the pump until you are happy with the amount of circulation. Don't run the pump dry.

D
Aug 25, 2016
In front of the belt cover area in the side of the belly pan are a couple connectors that don't go to anything. There is a dual wire connector that can be jumped to power the in-tank fuel pump. In the photo it is the furthest white connector to the right.

I use a high output 12v transformer that I wired a connector onto that I had from some other demolition project. It will run the pump until you are happy with the amount of circulation. Don't run the pump dry.

Ok awesome thankx for explaining ! I think the EV solenoid hose passes through there also.

Premium Features