For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2016, 09:32 AM
Currently: Not set.
JacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2009 IQR 600 to 800 swap

Just about to start a new project. Picked up a '09 iqr and a 2004 edge 800 for donor motor.
Just wondering with the 600 to 800 conversion what will i need? can i swap motor straps from the 600 to the 800? im keeping the rest of the sled stock.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-26-2016, 10:35 AM
Currently: Too many sleds, not enough time
Basic Member
MrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond repute

You will need to notch the bulkhead to clear the front of the motor or use 1" spacers on top of the straps to clear it. If you space it up you'll have to mod the steering hoop to clear the PV and spark plug.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:22 AM
Currently: Not set.
JacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond reputeJacksonHoleFreeride has a reputation beyond repute

which way is better? also what will i need for clutch alignment and a belt # that works for this setup?
thanks!

Old 09-27-2016, 07:30 PM
Currently: On Snowest
omernikski has a reputation beyond reputeomernikski has a reputation beyond reputeomernikski has a reputation beyond reputeomernikski has a reputation beyond reputeomernikski has a reputation beyond reputeomernikski has a reputation beyond reputeomernikski has a reputation beyond reputeomernikski has a reputation beyond reputeomernikski has a reputation beyond reputeomernikski has a reputation beyond reputeomernikski has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Your better off just turning your 600 into an 800

Old 10-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Currently: Avoid Power Addiction(PAR) like the plague!
SnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond repute

You're only better off if you have the coin to rebuild the mono block turd 800 every single year if not twice a year. Go on over to hardcore sledders forum. They have way more info on this conversion. I am currently scrambling to build my '09 153" racer into a 1085 mountain beast. I have had the 800 mono(built to not blow up.$$$) and another big bore based off that engine. I am going to the old engine because of price and reliability.

When in Doubt, Throttle it out!!!

'09 Polaris IQr 153"
'05 Polaris 900 RMK 174" - rollin' on 10"s
'96 Polaris Indy Ultra RMK - draggin asphalt!

Old 10-16-2016, 11:25 AM
Currently: Gone fishing...permanently.
Banned
BC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond repute

Im looking into the 800r option right now as step 2 for mine. Im doing a 136 set up now and then the 800r next summer. It seems like if the 800r is built correctly with a port matched case and the long rod conversion they can be very reliable engines. I guess thats a matter of being willing to spend the money to have someone like indy dan do it correctly and also getting correct pipe set up. My plan is to use ceramic coated Y pipe and single from dynoport with the stock can because i like OEMish set ups. The old BB option is a reliable proven method but takes alot of chassis modification to make work. While the mono 800 goes on with no chassis mods what so ever. The thing you have to watch when doing either conversion is that no corners are cut. I have been reading alot of forums and doing research and the people that are unhappy with there conversion usually have cut corners or have bad set up(or maybe bikeman built it). The 600r is a fast motor, id rather spend some time setting that motor up proper than have a half *** 800 conversion mono or BB. Just some stuff to think about. Also im looking for 9000ft+ jetting and clutching for the 800r

Last edited by BC SnoX; 10-16-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:46 PM
SnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond reputeSnoDmon has a reputation beyond repute

BC sno-x,

There is discussion about the long rod theory. I have read and done my own research. I have decided that rod length is not a problem with this engine. I would read RK Tek's article on this engine. He explains how the Ski-Doo has a very similar rod angle, if I remember correctly it was slightly "worse" without the inherent problems of the Polaris engine. I have been told many times that the long rod does extend longevity but it is at a big compromise of power as the factory rod angle allows for about the best power transfer to the crank. Also I have heard that engines with spacer kits are more prone to failure then ones without. RK Tek is the only company in the business that makes a proper double ring piston with relocated wrist pin AND does NOT require a spacer, it also has oil holes on exhaust side. I would use standard length rods and an RK Tek piston kit if I were to have another 800 mono. I would also use the 2011-2015 Fuji crank if not the AXYS lightweight crank as the MAPE crank was prone to failure. Also I would make sure to use the 2013+ cylinder as they have thicker skirts. Doing those 3 things should make it last longer but I would recommend replacing pistons often.

As for the conversion, you should also look into the 05-07 factory Polaris conversion method of using 1" spacer blocks under the engine. This conversion does NOT require modification of anything aluminum(bulkhead). The only thing that needs modified is the steel over structure. I will be going a custom one off route that works in my head. I hope to post pictures later this fall and going over it in detail if it does work out. Other than that, it's just making the mounts work and rewiring to this ignition setup. Then get carburation/airbox and pipes/exhaust and your set.

'09 Polaris IQr 153"

Last edited by SnoDmon; 10-17-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:04 PM
Banned
BC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond reputeBC SnoX has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the reply
I am trying to get my head wrapped around the 800 mono conversion before i do it and people with real deal info are a huge help. There are not many people into iqr mods anymore in colorado. Its cool just to be able to talk to other people who love the iqr like i do.

Old 10-19-2016, 04:43 PM

IQr Owner's Group on Facebook is a pretty cool place. Feel free to PM me anytime.

'09 Polaris IQr 153"

Old 10-19-2016, 08:36 PM
Currently: I'd rather snowshoe than be caught on a SKIDOO! I'm not feminine / gay enough to ride SkiDoo either.
Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,115 Posts
LoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-20-2016, 08:41 AM
Banned
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 10-24-2016, 11:47 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 10-24-2016, 01:16 PM
Currently: I'd rather snowshoe than be caught on a SKIDOO! I'm not feminine / gay enough to ride SkiDoo either.
Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,115 Posts
LoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-24-2016, 02:04 PM
Banned

Click Here to Register

Old 10-24-2016, 06:12 PM
Currently: Too many sleds, not enough time
Basic Member
MrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond reputeMrIQR has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-24-2016, 09:14 PM
Banned

Click Here to Register

Old 10-31-2016, 10:07 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 11-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Currently: Russians did it!
The Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Banned

Click Here to Register