For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Land Use Issues that affect riding areas.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2014, 06:08 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
TIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond repute
Default is the idaho side of the great burn open or not?

So I saw where the ISSA sued and won the lawsuit, but when you call the forest service the area is still closed. Does anyone know if the Idaho side of the great burn is legal to ride?
I am talking about the great burn in the Clearwater national forest.

thanks
tim

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Currently: fighting the greatburn closure
Basic Member
montanasledhead has a reputation beyond reputemontanasledhead has a reputation beyond reputemontanasledhead has a reputation beyond reputemontanasledhead has a reputation beyond reputemontanasledhead has a reputation beyond reputemontanasledhead has a reputation beyond reputemontanasledhead has a reputation beyond reputemontanasledhead has a reputation beyond reputemontanasledhead has a reputation beyond reputemontanasledhead has a reputation beyond reputemontanasledhead has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

everyone is trying to get this clarified. Supposedly someone appealed and the judge accepted that. if so it will remain closed. Sandra from the ISSA is trying to get a straight answer. ISSA was planning there state ride in that area.

perfect example of left hand not knowing right hand.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Basic Member
TIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond reputeTIM has a reputation beyond repute

The rec manager for the north fork ranger station is trying to find out for me. When I get his email, I will let you know, what I found out.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:46 AM
Currently: It's 10 years old,12'long,700lbs, 350hp
sledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering the same thing. I was hoping since it was in litigation it would be open.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:40 PM
Basic Member

the Clearwater is still closed. Waiting on the judge to decide from the environmentalists appeals.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TIM For This Useful Post:
Scott (12-22-2014), sledfvr (12-23-2014)
Old 10-28-2016, 12:43 PM
Basic Member
oldmaninmt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mystery

Seems like ISSA thought they were winning but now stalled and closed. No resolution in sight and can't find any info. Anyone with current information?

Old 10-30-2016, 11:19 PM
Currently: Wishing I lived closer to the top....
Mort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond repute

ISSA won the appeal for the ranger to reconsider closing Recommended Wilderness as Wilderness, but then the plan that the ranger submitted was square one so ISSA is pursuing legal action again if I remember right.