For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 15,211 Times in 7,193 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default New Tracker3 Software: Easier to Use, Diagnostics Self-Testing, and No More “Super Ma

New Tracker3 Software: Easier to Use, Diagnostics Self-Testing, and No More “Super Mario”

BCA is pleased to announce the release of a new software package for our Tracker3 avalanche transceiver. The new software version not only improves T3 performance, but enables you to test the performance of your T3 using a personal computer. And if you didn’t like the cute “Super Mario” sounds your T3 was making, you’re in luck: Tracker3’s new audible sounds in search mode are more “serious,” like our Tracker2.
This is the first consumer-upgradeable software package in the industry, meaning it can be downloaded from a PC rather than bringing the transceiver to a dedicated retail service center.
The version 3.3 software offers the following upgrades:
  • Electronic diagnostics to test the calibration, power consumption, and tuning of your Tracker3—especially valuable for fleet owners documenting their fleet inspection programs.
  • Enhanced range for signal suppression: increased consistency of signal suppression when the next-strongest signal is greater than 20 meters away.
  • Buffered Big Picture mode, enabling the user to more easily discern the distance and direction of each signal as they are shown in the display in Big Picture mode.
  • Traditional sound package, using the same audible effects as Tracker2 when displaying distance and direction.
Please note that you must download and install the program first before using any of the features above can be activated.

Sample T3 Self-Diagnostic Report.
Version 3.3 can be downloaded by going to http://backcountryaccess.com/tracker-3-software-update/ and following the instructions for downloading the Tracker3 Utility. You will need a micro-USB cable that extends from the USB port on your personal computer to the micro-USB port inside the T3 battery compartment.
The download can only be performed using PC-compatible desktop and laptop computers, not Apple devices.
For questions, please contact BCA Customer Service at info@backcountryaccess.com or [IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG](303)417-1345, x2.

http://backcountryaccess.com/new-tra...m_medium=email
Call
Send SMS
Call from mobile
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
Bocephus (02-02-2016), christopher (02-03-2016), ryanjeri (02-03-2016), Scott (02-02-2016)
Old 02-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Currently: currently looking for work to support my habit
bholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond repute

be warned you need windows 8-10 to run it. I am having an issue with my brand new Transceiver and have no way I can download and run the update. I am not sure it would even fix the issue. it is killing batteries in 6 days in the off position. I turn it on and off everyday to check and it loses +/- 10% of the battery power when turned off. The manual says it has 250 hours in the transmit mode. i get 144 hours when the transceiver in the OFF position. I have emailed customer service but have not heard anything back from them at all. However i did receive an email with just a link to the update with no explanation or comment on my issue. I went to the site and that is when i found out that it only works on windows 8-10. Not very happy with the purchase so far

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to bholmlate For This Useful Post:
christopher (02-02-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 06:09 AM
Currently: Rye whisky Rye whisky Rye whisky I cry
Bocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond repute

call them

Backcountry Access
2820 Wilderness Place, Unit H
Boulder, CO 80301 USA
Tel: 303-417-1345
Weekdays, 9 am-5pm MTN

SNOWMOBILE THEMED DOG COLLARS SKIDOO, CAT, POLARIS here ----> https://www.snowest.com/forum/showth...81#post4098281

Last edited by Bocephus; 02-03-2016 at 06:15 AM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-03-2016, 06:14 AM
Currently: Rye whisky Rye whisky Rye whisky I cry
Bocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond repute

i did my updated both of mine last night. i found it was picky about the order in which you opened the BCA software, plugged in the transceiver, and turned on the transceiver. the directions are kind of "blah", but make sure and follow them to a TEE........otherwise it will keep giving you an error. the first one took me 20 minuntes, the second one took me less than 5 minutes.

make sure to run the self test when done, save the test results on your desktop, and view them. it doesnt necessarily tell you that you transceiver is working 100%, but it does tell you if there are any firmware errors with the internal "computer" on the unit. test function with another transceiver when complete

SNOWMOBILE THEMED DOG COLLARS SKIDOO, CAT, POLARIS here ----> https://www.snowest.com/forum/showth...81#post4098281

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bocephus For This Useful Post:
bholmlate (02-03-2016), christopher (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 10:21 AM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
call them

Backcountry Access
2820 Wilderness Place, Unit H
Boulder, CO 80301 USA
Tel: 303-417-1345[IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG]303-417-1345
Weekdays, 9 am-5pm MTN
VERY GOOD ADVICE.
BCA has some great people to work with there.

Call
Send SMS
Call from mobile
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Old 02-03-2016, 09:59 PM
bholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond repute

That was my next plan of attack just wanted to post i was having an issue to see if anyone else would pipe in and know a fix. I will call them the next time i have a chance to see if they know what is going on and/or what i can do.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:16 PM

Update!!! I Called them today. i talked with Mary Kate in their warranty department and they are going to go ahead and ship me a brand new one with the updates no questions asked. I just need to send mine back with their RMA number. Nice to deal with a company that stands behind their product.

Last edited by bholmlate; 02-04-2016 at 02:28 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to bholmlate For This Useful Post:
christopher (02-06-2016)
Old 02-06-2016, 12:08 AM
Currently: Riding a CRF450RX ARO Timbersled
gr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that! BCA is a great company to work with, we are a dealer selling lots of BCA products. The people at BCA are super easy to deal with and very helpful! Glad you got it worked out!
remko@i-90motorsports.com
We carry clutch kits, Timbersled snowbike kits, SNO Rippers, Klim, WPS, and a huge inventory of factory parts.
Dealer & refill center for BCA, Snow pulse, and ABS avalanche bags.
Always free air bag repack and refills!

Old 02-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bholmlate View Post
Update!!! I Called them today. i talked with Mary Kate in their warranty department and they are going to go ahead and ship me a brand new one with the updates no questions asked. I just need to send mine back with their RMA number. Nice to deal with a company that stands behind their product.
BCA really are good people to work with.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Currently: Not set.
ryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bholmlate View Post
be warned you need windows 8-10 to run it. I am having an issue with my brand new Transceiver and have no way I can download and run the update. I am not sure it would even fix the issue. it is killing batteries in 6 days in the off position. I turn it on and off everyday to check and it loses +/- 10% of the battery power when turned off. The manual says it has 250 hours in the transmit mode. i get 144 hours when the transceiver in the OFF position. I have emailed customer service but have not heard anything back from them at all. However i did receive an email with just a link to the update with no explanation or comment on my issue. I went to the site and that is when i found out that it only works on windows 8-10. Not very happy with the purchase so far
The portable they are using in the image above is running windows 7, as I am as well. I ran the software without any problems.