For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Land Use Issues that affect riding areas.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2016, 10:01 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
I<3whitepowder is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool WA Snowmobile Regulations

Hi all,

I am completely new to snowmobiles. I have been an avid backcountry skier for over 10 years, so very familiar with the backcountry. I am not very familiar with what the regulations are for where snowmobiles are allowed in the backcountry(I would like to avoid snowparks as much as possible). From what I have read any forest service road that is covered in snow, snowmobiles are allowed. My main reason for buying snowmobiles is to open up some more terrain for skiing. Any good spots in WA that anyone knows of? Thanks for the help!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-13-2016, 11:59 PM
Currently: Riding a CRF450RX ARO Timbersled
gr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond reputegr8skidoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Here is a couple links that may help..

Welcome to Snowest lots of info on here! I have a couple of links that may help you answer your questions!
State regs
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.10
WSSA is a great club for our legal support of land use.
http://www.wssa.us/content.aspx?page...id=431529#else
If you need a sled come see us! We also carry lots of safety equipment and ski mounts!
remko@i-90motorsports.com
We carry clutch kits, Timbersled snowbike kits, SNO Rippers, Klim, WPS, and a huge inventory of factory parts.
Dealer & refill center for BCA, Snow pulse, and ABS avalanche bags.
Always free air bag repack and refills!

The Following User Says Thank You to gr8skidoo For This Useful Post:
Snowmixer (01-15-2016)
Old 01-22-2016, 12:45 AM
Currently: Looking forward to a great snow season.
FlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3whitepowder View Post
Hi all,

I am completely new to snowmobiles. I have been an avid backcountry skier for over 10 years, so very familiar with the backcountry. I am not very familiar with what the regulations are for where snowmobiles are allowed in the backcountry(I would like to avoid snowparks as much as possible). From what I have read any forest service road that is covered in snow, snowmobiles are allowed. My main reason for buying snowmobiles is to open up some more terrain for skiing. Any good spots in WA that anyone knows of? Thanks for the help!
Welcome to the world of snowmobiling. Not all roads covered with snow are open to snowmobiling. The best place to find out would be going to the Forest Service office where you plan to ride and find out from them as they are the land managers and are usually great people. Some areas have closures to accommodate non-motorized users, winter wildlife feeding areas, Wilderness of course, as well as some other reasons in their management plan. Most areas though that offer good snowmobiling have a trailhead at a SnoPark so be careful trying to avoid a SnoPark. It is possible but usually there is a reason why there is no SnoPark is because there isn't much snowmobiling opportunities.

Anyway whoever the land manager is for where you want to explore is where you should go to ask what is available. Washington State Parks has maps for the groomed trail system across the state on their website.

Have fun.