For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2016, 11:40 AM
Currently: Not set.
xc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default What ski do I have?

I can't seem to find any information on the skis, they were given to me and I want to know what type of riding there were used for. It says Ultra III on the ski.

Thanks for the help, xc_rider08

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member of Roughrider Snowmobile Club

2011 Polaris Pro RMK 800 155"
1979 Polaris Gemini

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-18-2016, 11:49 AM
inspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond repute

C&A ultra III skis from the early 2000s, they don't make them anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to inspector01 For This Useful Post:
xc_rider08 (01-18-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 12:21 PM
xc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond reputexc_rider08 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

What type of riding where they used for? They worth anything?

1979 Polaris Gemini

Old 01-18-2016, 02:23 PM
inspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_rider08 View Post
What type of riding where they used for? They worth anything?

That's is what most Sno-x and XC guys were running at the time, they are a good ski, a lot better than anything the OEM had at the time so they should still be worth $100-200 depending on condition and what's included

Edit: After thinking about it for a bit, if my memory is correct, they aren't actually C&A skis. Ultra III was its own ski company that basically made a copy of the C&A ski for a couple years around 2002. I don't remember how it came about but it was a C&A employee, or C&A manufacturer who decided to start making the copies under another name, but they were merged with C&A a couple years later again. But the ski is the exact same for all intents & purposes.

The Following User Says Thank You to inspector01 For This Useful Post:
xc_rider08 (01-18-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 03:12 PM
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspector01 View Post
That's is what most Sno-x and XC guys were running at the time, they are a good ski, a lot better than anything the OEM had at the time so they should still be worth $100-200 depending on condition and what's included

Edit: After thinking about it for a bit, if my memory is correct, they aren't actually C&A skis. Ultra III was its own ski company that basically made a copy of the C&A ski for a couple years around 2002. I don't remember how it came about but it was a C&A employee, or C&A manufacturer who decided to start making the copies under another name, but they were merged with C&A a couple years later again. But the ski is the exact same for all intents & purposes.

Thanks for the info. That sounds about right I wanna say they came off a pro x in that mid 2000's years but I'm just guessing.

Yeah they ca pro right on them.

So what would they be like on a mountain sled? I thought about throwing them on the pro rmk to see what they be like vs the stock gripper skis.

1979 Polaris Gemini

Old 01-18-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_rider08 View Post
Thanks for the info. That sounds about right I wanna say they came off a pro x in that mid 2000's years but I'm just guessing.

Yeah they ca pro right on them.

So what would they be like on a mountain sled? I thought about throwing them on the pro rmk to see what they be like vs the stock gripper skis.

Ive only used them on race sleds from around that time, but they were way better than the stock skis. Give them a try, they'll probly work well in the Midwest, but grippers are probably a better mountain ski. They're very similar to the current C&A narrow skis without the extra keels on the side.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:38 PM
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspector01 View Post
Ive only used them on race sleds from around that time, but they were way better than the stock skis. Give them a try, they'll probly work well in the Midwest, but grippers are probably a better mountain ski. They're very similar to the current C&A narrow skis without the extra keels on the side.

Ok, thanks again for all your help. I did throw them on the pro for a little rip this afternoon, seemed like the ski pressure went way up with them on. Was a bugger to turn. Think I'll sell them and get something different.

1979 Polaris Gemini

Old 01-20-2016, 09:16 AM
Currently: Skis for Mountain, Trail, Crossover and Race
caproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond reputecaproskis has a reputation beyond repute

These are our retired ADX skis. As mentioned above, they were replaced quite a few years back by the RZ (Razor) skis.

Adjustments can be made to reduce ski pressure if needed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljr2...9DqCo1I6wFY11N