Upgrade to Premium
GPS enabled devices GPS Maps, Personal Locator Beacons, SPOT, ect

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2015, 09:14 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
quattrodoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Garmin GPS Colorado Maps

Hi all, new here to the forum - I purchased a Garmin 650 Montana, and was wondering what my best options are for trails, etc. Should I just buy the Colorado 24k SD card from Garmin? I ride in the Carbondale/Paonia areas primarily. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Basic Member
Colthostile is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy the Xmaps HUNT Colorado maps. It's $100 or so, but if you use your GPS for snowmobiling and anything besides snowmobiling, it's amazing. Shows private/public/NF/Refuge, literally everything. The XMaps guys update like every 3 months. It's so good that it will show owners names on private property. Never leave home without ours. Buy a RAM mount forthe handlebars and you're good to go.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:32 AM
tmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond repute

You can download the snowmobile trail maps from the CSA website, do an overlay on google earth, and then download the map to you GPS so that the actual snowmobile trails and boundaries show up on your GPS.

I have the maps for Grand Mesa, Rabbit Ears, and Clark done (see thread below for files and instructions - make sure you change the file extension as mentioned)

//www.snowest.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=kmz